Wolfman bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Wolfman bags

Once upon a time, I had an awesome Wolfman tank bag on my KLX331, it was great:

Then I sold my KLX and bought a KTM 450 EXC [sm=guilty.gif] :

The only problem was that on my KLX, I had shortened my Wolfman straps that hold the tank bag in place so that the end wouldn't flap in the wind. This made the straps too short to work with the different frame design of my KTM. [&o]

I first looked on the Wolfman website to see if I could purchase the straps seperately, but didn't see an option to do that. So I sent an e-mail to Wolfman Luggage asking how to purchase a new set of only the straps and Eric just sent them to me, no charge, not even postage! [sm=smiley20.gif] So not only does Wolfman make an excellent product, customer service and support is top shelf as well. I can't say enough about these bags, they are great - heavy zippers and stitching, durable material, nice features like little zippered mesh pockets on the inside for small items and so forth.

Here's the Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag on my KTM 450 EXC, w/new straps. There's plenty of room for cameras, maps, water, lunch, tools, cell phone, wallet, whatever you carry:

It's up far enough so it doesn't interfere when you scootch up on the tank, for even the most demanding riders:

Also, be sure and check out their rear fender Enduro Tool Kit bag:

Plenty of room for my KTM stock tools as well as my larger kit of tool essentials, plus even a spare tube (not shown):

Loaded up and ready to roll:

Cheers,

Old 05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Wolfman bags

Clothes make the man ... or in this case, the machine!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I've used Wolfman for many years...a good choice if you're considering soft luggage.

FYI for everybody...Cloth World or the similar large fabric shops carry the same web straps, and other widths, in bulk spools. Also many buckles, loops and D rings, if you need extra for your application.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice looking bike bags!! oh the bikes to

Old 06-09-2007, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

blake which bag is that on your rear fender?

Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Upgrade! the klx is a sweet bike, to bad they do not have a cool arss forum

I must say though Brian, i did not know you were so young after reading so many of your replies I thought you were a little older. I was almost shock when i saw that picture of you on the new bike.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I have a little trouble touching the pegs, let alone the ground.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:04 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 for Wolfman putting together great stuff.

I use the number plate bag for raingear and a few trinkets. Love the bag. Unlike others though i am not a fan of the tankbag for off road riding. For mild fire rooading or when standing is not a large percentage of your riding it was fine. however technical off roading, ithad me dissappointed. It was in the way of me gripping the tank and standing the bag was always in my crotch.Even when I mounted it over the gas cap. I have the KLX 300 tank and am only 5'6". If you're taller maybe its not such a hinderence but those were my findings. Great build quaslity and I use it on mild rides, Super motard tours or when my DirtBagz soft bags and Wolfman numberplate bag is not enough. Proper technical dirt bike riding though it stays home.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Since Wolfman bags are getting such great reviews, and I need some extra storage space for the KLX250. I was wondering how the people with the Endro Tool Bag liking theirs? Also a saddle bag is something else I'm considering.

Also where would I purchase one from?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:41 AM

The Wolfman Enduro Bag looks great. How many people on the board use it? Outside of Wolfman Luggage itself, where is the best place to buy? Are there alternatives to consider? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Wolfman bags