Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks good!

Old 02-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Bake,

Here's a little search engine tip - in the main title of each page, put the keywords in there, don't over do it, but instead of it reading "Home Page" like it does now which won't catch any searches, place some descriptive terms in there, i.e., "KLX Big Bore Kits" or similar would be good. Google will give that a high precedence for those search terms than just finding the text somewhere on the page. Similarly, when selecting title headings within pages, put them between the <h1></h1> tags, <h2></h2>, etc. Google uses those and will rank pages higher where the search terms appear between those tags, than say, just making the font bigger or bold, all else being equal.

Originally Posted by Bake
The search engines aren't recognizing us yet, I have some other tools I'll be using in the next couple of days that will fix that.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

make sure you make a robots.txt file and put that in your root directory where your main inex.html file goes.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey website looks great.. cant wait till I get my pennies saved lol

Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks good Bill. Nobrakes is right if you are looking to attract search engine traffic.

Google likes to see keywords repeated 3 times withing a certain, secret, number of characters. Put in your title something like: "Kawasaki KLX 250 / 300 Big Bore kit. Then in the desscription write something like:" Big bore kits for Kawasaki KLX 250 dualsports and 300 dirt bikes. Our big bore kits for your Kawasaki KLX 250 or 300 will add more horsepower and added mid range performance.

That way in a relatively short string of characters the search terms mot relevent to your page are in close succession and are repeated 3 times. Start repeating more and they could tag it as spam and actually penalize you.

I would like to see some pictures comparring a stock jug to the 300, 331, 340 and 351 along with the pistons. That 351 jug looks like you could yell in it and get an echo compared to stock but I think I'd be more comfy with a little meat between the cylinder and water jacket.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I updated it quite a lot tonite.

Last edited by Bake; 02-06-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Banned

great website. can't wait to start gathering mods for my 'LX.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 AM
1st Gear Member

G'day bake, this is no criticism just wanted to let you know 4 photos on the front page don't load in the new internet explorer 8 beta. The one above the business card and 3 below your bike.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
G'day bake, this is no criticism just wanted to let you know 4 photos on the front page don't load in the new internet explorer 8 beta. The one above the business card and 3 below your bike.
Yes, Bill mentioned that, yet I see them fine when I log in from the public side of things. I'm using the Mozilla Firefox browser, perhaps that's it...I have a lot of learning to do. We'll get there. I have now a traffic generator package I need to read through; but it'll be awhile.

HTML and Meta tags to me is like trying to read Japanese in order to modify my KLX250. Plus, we're going riding this weekend to do more measuring and take some more up to date pictures, and riding comes before Meta tags

I see the website is linked in a thread on TT, so things of that nature will also help. Without being too obvious, I sometimes bump Bill's thread in Vendors on Advrider, and as we know, Baldy's site is a huge influence world wide. Luckily, I know a Mod over there that rides a KLX250, so he's a big asset to keeping me inline, and not getting to be a pain for them.

Again, and this is heartfelt, thanks, all, for your assistance and kind comments both here and in my Stock Bike thread.

I very much strive to offer help and solid numbers. I wish to stay on topic, as I've said. I will be refering back to these helpful hints as I learn more about Optimizing, sending data to the search engines and all the rest.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Have a great weekend, I'm off to Sydney (NSW capital) for the weekend to see Top Gear Live www.topgearlive.com.au

Quick Reply: Bill Blue website is up