bill blue 351 install instructions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default bill blue 351 install completed!

Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for the bill blue 351 kit?

I recieved parts today with no instructions...

Looks simple enough and I am guessing the arrow on piston points to front of engine but jsut want to be sure... also for torque specs...

Thanks!

Last edited by revbillyg; 06-29-2012 at 04:16 AM. Reason: title change
Old 06-27-2012, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Instructions consist of the Kawasaki service manual also there are a few good write ups here on KF...
The 351 is not a hard job, but it isn't an easy job either. The right tools , some common sense, and a lot of patience are all required.
Get a manual, a good torque wrench, and take your time.
I can email you the base manual if you PM me your email address.
Here's a write up I did on my 351 install. https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...s-links-32538/
Good luck ,
Dan

Old 06-27-2012, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Instructions consist of the Kawasaki service manual also there are a few good write ups here on KF...
The 351 is not a hard job, but it isn't an easy job either. The right tools , some common sense, and a lot of patience are all required.
Get a manual, a good torque wrench, and take your time.
I can email you the base manual if you PM me your email address.
Here's a write up I did on my 351 install. https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...s-links-32538/
Good luck ,
Dan
PM Sent!

thanks!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:08 AM
1st Gear Member

well got the whole thing striped down and new piston installed.. set the rings according to manual as well. Just need to clean the old gasket material off the crank case. I read some posts on the forum that say with the newer gaskets you dont need any asket maker material. true?

Last edited by revbillyg; 06-27-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:57 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by revbillyg
well got the whole thing striped down and new piston installed.. set the rings according to manual as well. Just need to clean the old gasket material off the crank case. I read some posts on the forum that say with the newer gaskets you dont need any asket maker material. true?
No you don't need anything. For the valve cover gasket, you may want to put some silicone or permatex on the tip of your finger and lightly coat where the rubber gasket meets the cylinder head on the right side of the bike where the half moons are.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I documented my 351 install. Link below in my sig line.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
I documented my 351 install. Link below in my sig line.
Yup Ive read alot of 351 installs including yours! Lots of godo info.

hope to have it all buttoned up tonight and fire it up.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhoffy22
No you don't need anything. For the valve cover gasket, you may want to put some silicone or permatex on the tip of your finger and lightly coat where the rubber gasket meets the cylinder head on the right side of the bike where the half moons are.
Right on.. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

when i was doing my valve adjustments....i ended up spending lot of my time scraping and cleaning off the massive amount of hardened kawasaki factory silicone on the valve cover....i was told if i don't clean it off well before adding the rubber gasket back on and using new permatex (little extra on the half moon and light around), it could leak....i listened and did a really good job cleaning the factory silicone....over a 1,000 miles and no leaks after valve adjustment

Originally Posted by jhoffy22

Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ok,, ran into a snafu, anyone have a good link for the pilot jet? went to local Cycle shop but couldnt get it.. small....

Quick Reply: bill blue 351 install instructions