big gun install 07 klx250s

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: big gun install 07 klx250s

ORIGINAL: dacoontz

I hate to sound skeptical but that re-jetting thing sounds a little complicated. I need my first tune up done anyway, so i guess it's an excuse to have it done then. Unless, you guys know of somewhere that will walk me throught the process then I am probably stuck apying for it to get re-jetted. Thanks for the input either way. Dacoontz.
you should put a shout out on this forum and see if anyone on here lives reasonably close to you. I'm sure if someone here does, and knows what there doing, they would be more than happy too help you. Hell, if you lived in Connecticut i would hook u up...

Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

how do you shout out?

Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

It's not that hard if you take your time. You can go to:

http://www.hmfengineering.com/forums...ead.php?t=1617

an a blow by blow on how to do it yourself.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

As far as the rejetting goes, 4 screws on the bottom of the carburetor and you can reach the main jet. its a little screw with a hole through it with a slotted head. Unscrew it and put in a different size. Turn it over and pull the top 4 screws and you can replace the needle if you want, or just shim the original needle with a small washer or 2, I forget the number used.

Here's a very good walk through on the carb mods.
http://www.hmfengineering.com/forums...ead.php?t=1617

Old 01-07-2008, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Do you guys know if anything like new exhaust or re-jetting will void your warranty.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member

how do you shout out?
haha, well i wouln't say thats the techincal term for it, but i would start a new thread and title it something like "need help in Salt Lake area" or something like that.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Do you guys know if anything like new exhaust or re-jetting will void your warranty.
Depends on your delaer. Things like wheels, brakes etc. would certainly be un effected, but if you burn a piston or get a tear in the carb diaphram or somthing you might be on your own.

As has been said its not difficult & alot of the trail & error has been done for you via this forum.You can either use OEM KLX300 carb parts or use a KLX300 DJ kit to get to your goal. There is not a lot of price difference but the Kawi parts are a little cheaper. I ran the Kawi parts until I went big bore then switched to DJ.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

okay, so I just read that link to HMF about how to rejet. I appreciate the confidece you all have in me but there is no way in hell I am trying that. I am not to comfortable pulling the gas tank and blah, blah, blah. Oh well, but hey how about the core or insert people are talking about. There's the Vortex insert, the race core or the quiet core that I have heard of. Is there one that is better than the other. And if I am going to have the shop rejet my bike is there anything else I should have them do while they are in there tinkering around, like a cheap part that isn;t cheap to install or something along those lines. Dacoontz.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

okay, so I just read that link to HMF about how to rejet. I appreciate the confidece you all have in me but there is no way in hell I am trying that. I am not to comfortable pulling the gas tank and blah, blah, blah. Oh well, but hey how about the core or insert people are talking about. There's the Vortex insert, the race core or the quiet core that I have heard of. Is there one that is better than the other. And if I am going to have the shop rejet my bike is there anything else I should have them do while they are in there tinkering around, like a cheap part that isn;t cheap to install or something along those lines. Dacoontz.
Well, if u say ur not too mechanically able, you might want to have the dealer do your front sprocket, because that thing is a **** to get off without an airgun or a serious length breaker bar.
Might as well have 'em put in an iridium plug too. It's 8 bucks and wont hurt the bike any...

Old 01-07-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

You need to enlarge the airbox opening or remove the lid. At the very least pull the snorkel even if you do nothing else to the lid.

Quick Reply: big gun install 07 klx250s