Big Gun Exhaust Evo X/ Dyno Jet Kit

Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Default Big Gun Exhaust Evo X/ Dyno Jet Kit

Hey everyone- I have just successfully installed the Evo X big gun to my bike. First off the sound is great- performance is much better too. Overall I am getting her up to 86-88mph from 75mph with the stock exhaust. I also bought the Dyno-Jet kit but have yet to install it. I guess my questions are- 1. As long as I am getting good performance is there still a need to install the jet kit.
2. Will installing the Jet Kit get me even more performance. 3. Obviosly installing the jet will void my warranty- so I am guessing I should wait until the warranty is up to make any changes...?

Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Big Gun Exhaust Evo X/ Dyno Jet Kit

Not necessarily!

The carb mod is reversible. If you have a problem, just take out the jet kit and exhaust prior to taking the bike in for service.

BTW, they might consider the exhaust a mod too!

Depends on YOUR dealer.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Call your local dealer and ask them if it will void your warranty. I asked mine if I install a pipe and jet the carb will it void the warranty and he said no.But don't take my word for it ask them. Stuff like that varys from dealer to dealer sometimes so I would ask them. I know that it should be all the same at all kawasaki dealers but some dealer let somethings slide and some don't!!!

Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: joker7337

Hey everyone- I have just successfully installed the Evo X big gun to my bike. First off the sound is great- performance is much better too. Overall I am getting her up to 86-88mph from 75mph with the stock exhaust. I also bought the Dyno-Jet kit but have yet to install it. I guess my questions are- 1. As long as I am getting good performance is there still a need to install the jet kit.
2. Will installing the Jet Kit get me even more performance. 3. Obviosly installing the jet will void my warranty- so I am guessing I should wait until the warranty is up to make any changes...?
I would HIGHLY recommend you install the kit. You'll be amazed at the difference over what you have already seen with the Big Gun. Keep in mind, that even though the stock airbox is very restricted, you may be running a bit more lean with the Big Gun simply because it flows more air out. If the engine is able to suck more in, you're going to be leaner than stock. Since the bike is VERY lean from the factory, you may make a bad situation slightly worse with just the exhaust.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:46 AM

SWEETT MINE SHOULD BE HERE TOMMORROW