before and after - couldn't resist mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Default before and after - couldn't resist mods

You guys started making me feel like I was missing out on something by posting all your mods and how well you liked your bikes now so I had to go out and get some for myself. I really hated how the bike had no low end torque in the woods - making me rev the **** out of it to get up what I would consider a moderate hill and the stock tires SUCK in the woods, in my opinion. So - I wanted some sprockets and new tires and some how the want list blew up and I went a little overboard. Can't say I regret it, the bike is freaking awesome now. Like night and day. After seeing that thread about supermotos - I'm thinking I might want to get a set of supermoto wheels/tire next so I can't swap them out when I want to ride it on the road.

full Big Gun EVO exhaust
125 main jet
2.0 fuel screw
40 pilot
shim needle .032
front/rear sprockets (13T fr - can't remember the rear)
Pirelli tires (front 90/90-21/rear 110/100-18)
MSR bars
Acerbis handguards w/blinkers
low profile blinkers in rear

Before - the day I bought it.

Name:  250S_before.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  77.4 KB

As it looks today ... w/few mods.

Name:  250S_after.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  70.7 KB
Name:  250S_after2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  71.3 KB

Old 05-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Default RE: before and after - couldn't resist mods

[sm=smiley20.gif] Looks great Bonafide. Which Pirellis are those? They look extremely aggressive..are they 10% road, 90% off? How do they handle on the road? My back tire is about shot, and I'm trying to decide what too go with. Also, what bend did you go with on the bars? I'm done with the questions now..WAIT! One more..isn't that a Cobra I see in your garage?[sm=gears.gif]

Old 05-28-2006, 04:46 AM

Thanks Dave!

The rear is a MT32. The front is a Scorpion. They're pretty soft and are what I would call "squiggly" on the road. Not sure I would recommend these for the street. I don't ride on the road with my bike at all right now. If I do, I'll get a second set of rims for a supermoto set up - and switch them out when needed. As for the MSR bar - I have no idea. Seems low and wide - but I needed to use them if I wanted to use the acerbis handguards. The local shop picked them out for me. I'm going to try them this coming weekend, but I'm thinking I'll want something with a higher bend - I prefer to stand most of them time while I'm in the woods.

And yes, that's my Cobra in the garage.

Me and a bunch of friends are riding Coal Creek (Tennessee) again this coming weekend. That place ROCKS. 200+ miles of mapped trails. Marked from easy to extreme, with most being a combination of moderate and difficult. We spend alot of time on the harder trails, and having a weak bike will only take the fun out of your day.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks great, Bonafide! [sm=bling.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=burnout.gif]

Old 05-28-2006, 07:24 AM

the bike looks good,but how do you find time to ride when you have a car like that.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:03 PM

Thanks guys. I do love that car a wee bit more than my bike. Ok, ALOT more than the bike. And, I do spend alot of my free time behind the wheel as well. My KLX doesn't have many miles on it, due to the fact that I stick 98% to the dirt with it. I'm torn right now - to supermoto my KLX or just buy a ninja zx6r. Here's a pic of my Cobra along with a friend's car outside the Panoz facility.

Name:  panoz_tour_05.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  89.6 KB

Old 05-28-2006, 08:43 PM

[sm=hail.gif][sm=drooldude.gif] Sweet ride.

Old 05-29-2006, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bonafide

Thanks Dave!

The rear is a MT32. The front is a Scorpion. They're pretty soft and are what I would call "squiggly" on the road. Not sure I would recommend these for the street. I don't ride on the road with my bike at all right now. If I do, I'll get a second set of rims for a supermoto set up - and switch them out when needed. As for the MSR bar - I have no idea. Seems low and wide - but I needed to use them if I wanted to use the acerbis handguards. The local shop picked them out for me. I'm going to try them this coming weekend, but I'm thinking I'll want something with a higher bend - I prefer to stand most of them time while I'm in the woods.

And yes, that's my Cobra in the garage.

Me and a bunch of friends are riding Coal Creek (Tennessee) again this coming weekend. That place ROCKS. 200+ miles of mapped trails. Marked from easy to extreme, with most being a combination of moderate and difficult. We spend alot of time on the harder trails, and having a weak bike will only take the fun out of your day.
Did somebody say Coal Creek? We were down there late last sumer and had an absolute blast. We were part of a group of 21 Honda Pilots (you don't see that many of them in one place very often!) I'm ready to go back.... we had a ton of fun!

Old 05-30-2006, 02:33 AM

Yeah - I absolute LOVE riding there. What sucks about riding it is you get so disappointed with other places cause they don't compare. Here's a group shot back in April - I'm sitting on my KX100. That's also my Kodiak 400 I let a friend ride for the weekend. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics of the KLX being put thru it's paces while we're up there this coming weekend.

Name:  coal_creek_04012006_1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  90.8 KB

Here's me on the Kodiak ripping a mudhole a new one.

Name:  coal_creek_04012006_2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  87.8 KB

Quick Reply: before and after - couldn't resist mods