Backpacks/hydration packs

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Got 2.

A smaller day pack, Hydrapak, that holds 2 liters of drink and enough room for say toilet roll, small first aid kit, 2 rubber straps, a bag of snakes, cap, phone, camera, UHF radio. Oh and I can stuff a spare T-shirt in when its cold.

The other one is a lot bigger, Camelbak, holds 3 liters of drink and whole heap more stuff for extended trips.

Both good. Mainly use the small one to be honest.

Name:  PICT0204.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  76.3 KB

Last edited by neilaction; 07-06-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I have a Hydrapak, they dont make the one ihave anymore, but i love it, very well designed. Lots of storage. Mine holds 3L of water. and more than enough room for day trips.

http://www.hydrapak.com/products/packs

Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Member

OGIO flight vest. It's a little price but well worth it. Distributes the weight very well, lots of pockets, tool organizers and hydration.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I love the post man, you started out by saying you were "fixing" to go somewhere. My wife says that all the time and I tease her. She's from Houston Texas. Anyway here is the one I got, I can carry 2 liters of water, and 2 of the 33 oz bottles of fuel, and I can even jam in some food.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I love the post man, you started out by saying you were "fixing" to go somewhere. My wife says that all the time and I tease her. She's from Houston Texas.
Come on now, if you are going to say it, get it right. It's not "fixing" it's "fixin'". Being from TX I should know.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Well thanks for all the input. I am leaning toward the Hydrapack Morro. Looks like it holds a lot and has 100 oz capacity for water.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the coleman Z2 http://www.coleman.com/coleman/Colem...ct_id=8570C685 it works for short rides. My first one 20+ years ago was a plastic canteen with a hole drilled in the top with a piece of aquarium air hose stuck in the hole and run up and out of the top of my jersey. Probably one of the first if I say so myself. May try and dig it out and use it one day.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Got 2.

A smaller day pack, Hydrapak, that holds 2 liters of drink and enough room for say toilet roll, small first aid kit, 2 rubber straps, a bag of snakes, cap, phone, camera, UHF radio. Oh and I can stuff a spare T-shirt in when its cold.

The other one is a lot bigger, Camelbak, holds 3 liters of drink and whole heap more stuff for extended trips.

Both good. Mainly use the small one to be honest.

I recently got the one on the right like Niel:

I like it a lot, seems to be the perfect size for dirt biking, IMO - has some room for tools, camera, etc - not too much where it's too big, and not so small that you're wishing it had just a little more. It's got the standard bladder pocket that is insulated to keep your drink cool, but also even has a 2nd pocket for another 100 oz bladder if you need that much it for some reason. If not, it's extra space for a jacket, spare tube, etc. I generally carry a few tools, spare tube, and my helmet camera recorder. This pack is perfect for that without everything being too tight a fit. The Mule was just a little too small.

For hare scrambles, I generally go minimal with just a bladder and bare minimum tools, so I use a smaller setup when doing that.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I bough one at WalMart... $20. Outdoor Products I think... It has a little storage and holds a liter or two.... Google Outdoor Products Hydration Pack they have a few of various sizes... Mine has been going strong for a year now... $20 well spent.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by armycopter
Here is the one I purchased recently. Seems pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.com/ZAC-SPEED-EXOT.../dp/B0013LBKAO
+1 on the ZacSpeed. I have a similar model. Liked the idea of the intergrated system (roost deflector, pack, hydro) all come apart. Haven't had a chance to use it much but it seems to be built and thought out well.

On close by rides I usually just strap a small soft cooler on the rear rack (on the '07 stock rack). Room for a few water bottles, couple of granola bars, camera, etc. Couple of bungees good to go. $6 bucks at WallyWorld. 'Course it doesn't have the roost protecter......

Sometimes simple is good

Quick Reply: Backpacks/hydration packs