Anyone Use A Vortex Throttle With An FCR35?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Anyone Use A Vortex Throttle With An FCR35?

I have used a couple different short throw 2 stroke throttles and want to try the Motion Pro Vortex throttle.I have an FCR35 carb and the Vortex will have to use a different cable than I am using now. If there is anyone with this set up what cable are you using? I wouldprefer to find a "stock" off the shelf cable as opposed to having one custom made.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Anyone Use A Vortex Throttle With An FCR35?

DirtSurfer put one on his bike:

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_254.../tm.htm#222416

Doesn't say anything there about a different cable, but he may have just not mentioned it.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Doesn't say anything there about a different cable, but he may have just not mentioned it.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe he will post up and let us know. If he used one of the stock KLX cables that would make it easy and I may have them boxed away somewhere.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

The stock pull cable works with the fcr35, it also works with the vortex. I don't see why it wouldn't work with both together. Let us know what you think of the vortex with the fcr. I have a vortex sitting here but have been debating using it with the fcr or not.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

The stock pull cable works with the fcr35, it also works with the vortex. I don't see why it wouldn't work with both together. Let us know what you think of the vortex with the fcr. I have a vortex sitting here but have been debating using it with the fcr or not.
I have not had the stock cables on for a long time so if my memory is correct one cable had about a 45 degree bend atthe carb end and the other cable was straight at both ends. Which oneis the pull cable? If it is the one with the bend I don't think it will work with the way the FCR cable bracket is set up by Four Stroke Works. If it is the straight cable I could possibly see that working. I have yet to purchase the throttle as Iwould liketo have the cable figured out first.I am looking for those stock cables. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Hey Brian, I ended up using the cable you had on there and it fit perfectly.. (did you end up using the stock 'pull' cable?)....Even if it hadn't fit well, the pumper carb had a few optional connect points that I was ready to transfer to...

I think once Brian weighs in with what cable he had on it, you will have your answer...

Cheers...

Dave

Old 04-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dave, if you didn't change it, it's the stock pull cable.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AgoosSS

I have not had the stock cables on for a long time so if my memory is correct one cable had about a 45 degree bend at the carb end and the other cable was straight at both ends. Which one is the pull cable? If it is the one with the bend I don't think it will work with the way the FCR cable bracket is set up by Four Stroke Works. If it is the straight cable I could possibly see that working. I have yet to purchase the throttle as I would like to have the cable figured out first. I am looking for those stock cables. Thanks for the help.
Straight cable:

Old 04-20-2008, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Great! Thanks for the help and picture guys. I will get the throttle on order. I like the short throw throttles on the KLX. My favorite one that Itried a while backwas a Terry Cable Gasser. Very short throw. It was machined aluminum andoverly expensive. The problem with it was the stop, machined in the housing,for the throttle tube was thin andsharp and would quickly wear out thestop on the throttle tube. In turn it would cause the throttle to have slop.Hope that made sense. The cure would be either an aluminum throttle tube that they do not offer but should at the price you pay or machine the inside of the housing so as not to act like a razor on the tube. Anyway,I hope the Vortex works out.