any one have a picture of...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default any one have a picture of...

after lookin thru the "mod day" post and studying up a bit i was wondering if
any one has a picture of what you drill in the carb w/ 7/64th bit? i havent really played around with that side of the carb yet... i just got all my gets and the nt1c needle, clip, coller, 128,125 #40 and am not really sure where to put the clip... 2nd ring from the needle end or 2nd ring from the short end?? very minimal mods... cc, k&n, drilled stock exhaust

thanks for posting

Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: any one have a picture of...

oh and one more thing... the fule air screw. I bought one that fits the kx250 because the kid behind the counter said it would fit... i dont belive anything he says but it was the only one left so i figured i could at least try it and if it doesnt work take it back. beats waiting 4 WEEKS FOR PARTS![sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

oh and one more thing... the fule air screw. I bought one that fits the kx250 because the kid behind the counter said it would fit... i dont belive anything he says but it was the only one left so i figured i could at least try it and if it doesnt work take it back. beats waiting 4 WEEKS FOR PARTS![sm=smiley35.gif]
Don't trust anyone behind the counter unless they not only ride but have worked on thier own machines. Was he popping his pimples while he was talking to you? Was he old enough to shave yet? Dead give aways my friend....[8D]

Old 01-10-2008, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

The one on the right dude!

Name:  Theoneontheright.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  48.7 KB

Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

In the case of the KLX, Kawasaki chose to limit the carb opening by drilling two holes near the top of the slide. This has the effect of reducing the vacuum that pulls the slide open. The quick fix is to fill the holes with epoxy.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member

And something else to keep in mind when putting the needle and plastic collar back in is to make sure the feet on the plastic do not cover the hole!!! someone mentioned thata while ago and it stuck with me when i did mine..very good thought!..you'll see what I mean if you look when putting it back together.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

hahaha (epoxy)... and yes he was a pimply squeaky voiced one. the same kid that "tried" to order my parts A MONTH AGO... but my card was declined and the two numbers i gave him to call me at "didn't work" yeah right! so instead of ordering the $20 worth of parts for me and having me pay when i pick it up he'd rather me wait a week and call and ask why my parts arnt in yet... He must have thought it was fun to put my order in a day before Christmas. that little [sm=smiley35.gif]. alright calm down, calm down, take a breather.

anyway referring to the mod day page. When he says

"...turned it over and quickly opened the slide housing, drilled the slide breather hole 7/64ths and tossed the slide in hot water to keep the diaphragm from expanding. I got the new needle ready, with the clip on the second notch with the collar."

does he really mean cold water to keep it from expanding? or do you really use hot water... (last i checked hot=expand cold=contract)

oh and about the air screw... DOH! i'm an idiot and so is he![sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] I went on ebay and found the one i got... its from white bros and it fits any and all FCR carbs... so i guess i'm S.O.L. going to return it tomorrow, know where i can order one online... (done wasting money at my local shop)

Old 01-10-2008, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

From Bike Point:
http://www.bikepoint.com.au/portal/a...opDefault.aspx

"In standard from the KLX is heavily restricted, so here's the hot set up to make the bike perform in the manner it was supposed to. First of all pull the carburettor slide out and fill the two holes drilled in the top with epoxy resin or similar and smooth off so that it doesn't snag in the body. Alternatively fit a new slide without holes, Kawasaki part #161261382. Remove the airbox snorkel and the spark arrestor in the end of the exhaust. Finally, go up three teeth on the rear sprocket. The result is an extra seven PS and more power everywhere. Sorted!"

Old 01-10-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

so is there a difference in drilling it opposed to plugging it up. will the plugged one wrk better because there would be more vaccume or what?

Quick Reply: any one have a picture of...