Another Muzzy with no hanger

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Another Muzzy with no hanger

I guess more than a few of them got out there huh?
Oh well, my buddy is a stainless/TIG welder by trade, so hopefully he can help me out for a beer or two.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Another Muzzy with no hanger

I wonder about muzzy sometimes, I called them direct once to see about getting a new can and mid pipe for my 95 ZX7 and the guy told me no way would I ever find something for that old of a bike? 11yrs WTF
So I ride her with a dent in the mid pipe and a big rash on the can [&o]
I am more concerned with the mid pipe because it is restricting the flow, just a little I am sure but it bugs me.

btw sweet exhaust, sorry about the missing clamp.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

I had been buying Muzzy products for my ZX7 and ZX6's for years. After some build quality issues I stopped. I have had 2 Yoshimura pipes, one for a GSX-R and one for a 400EX Quad I had. Those were very nicely built. I bought a BigGun EvoX pipe for my KLX and am glad I did. The comments from Muzzy owners themselves steered me that way. I didn't like the idea of having to remove my passenger footpeg just to clear the pipe. I also do not like springs holding the midpipe and rear section together, that's cheesy. The biggun has a very nice clamp and no spring or spring hangar to bust off or left off in this case. The BigGun I have is a work of art that works. The Muzzy does look nice though, but to let something go out of their factory like that says something about their quality control or lack of it. IMO, the BigGun is the pipe for the KLX.
I am not to worried about the springs, most exhaust systems use them that I have seen. My full Akrapovic uses them as well and so does there top of the line Evo system. Just preferance I guess.
I would like to know where you get your muzzy parts for your ZX7.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:31 PM

I am waiting for the UPS call tag (two days so far) after two days of leaving long distance messages for the Muzzy "contact" I finally reached a human. And set up the pick up. I want them to fix the problem. In the email I had received they were like "it works ok with out it..." All Pipe city did (who I bought it from) was to direct me to the Muzzy number to call.

I am forcing a "repair" to get the point across that their QA Sux. I am sure Muzzy would be quite happy if everyone just fixes it themselves...

Old 07-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I definitely agree with your approach. Businesses are generally only as good as their competition or as good as their customers demand. Gotta keep'm honest.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: tasod

I am waiting for the UPS call tag (two days so far) after two days of leaving long distance messages for the Muzzy "contact" I finally reached a human. And set up the pick up. I want them to fix the problem. In the email I had received they were like "it works ok with out it..." All Pipe city did (who I bought it from) was to direct me to the Muzzy number to call.

I am forcing a "repair" to get the point across that their QA Sux. I am sure Muzzy would be quite happy if everyone just fixes it themselves...
WTF good going for making them fix it. BS
I was shock when they said my bike was too old as I stated in a previous post.
I do not think that Muzzy would be in business if it were not for Kawasaki.
Customer service sucks for sure.