Another Boring Utah Trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Well that was very cool, as usual. I bet if feels great to get cleaned up and sit around your campsite and relax after a day of riding in gods country like that. You have got it all dialed in. No need to rough it more than you have to Candy-***, I'd say more like smart-*** camper (pun intended).
I have a group of good riding buds that should do a ride out there like that. You've got some great storie,s and some great pics there. I can only imagine riding all that with some buds and then sitting around the camp re-living it each night (and for years to come)
Thanks for posting it up TNC. Glad you had a safe trip.
D8

Old 05-20-2013, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice report, thanks for taking us along.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh dan, if you just rode your dual sport you wouldn't have to pay so much in gas. It is in fact street legal

Old 05-20-2013, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I enjoyed your report. I was there with you. Mentally.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

How about a pic of the bike w/ camping load.

A suggestion... How about bigger pics, maybe ~1100x800?

Last edited by DYNOBOB; 05-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice pics thanks for sharing. Must have been tough being so bored!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks great.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Oh dan, if you just rode your dual sport you wouldn't have to pay so much in gas. It is in fact street legal
!! I should have thought of that !! probably ride there for a couple hundred bucks.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
!! I should have thought of that !! probably ride there for a couple hundred bucks.
And then you'd need 2 weeks of medical care and recovery.

Dan, we'd have a blast on one of these trips. And trust me...I can do it on the cheap as well as anyone.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 AM
1st Gear Member

The KLX is a DS but I'm afraid I stretched the meaning a bit. I rode 2400 miles in 5 days on the slab. Only good thing is my seat finally has a contour of my ***. OW! I did save on gas though, 40+ gallons of gas as opposed to the cars 90+ gallons for the same trip.
That being said comfort is king! Therefore, my wagon is getting a trailer (lots of cheap enclosed trailers around to convert into a bike hauler/work shop) so I can do my own version of TNC's candy *** camping. I'm done roughing it(carrying all the crap on the bike) if I don't have to, especially dirt riding. I like the base camp idea for anything more than a long weekend. Putting a spare battery in my car to run an electric cooler. Might even get a roof top tent. I used to do a lot of whitewater boating and we always base camped out of our vehicles, mostly because the remote locations of the rivers made it necessary. Fires at night, one pot meals, and the stars in the middle of nowhere after a good day can't be beat! Well the food can be beat, but that's not hard.
Money spent on gas getting there can be offset by camping out. Some people go on vacation to Disney or go on a cruise, I spend that same money to get to places like TNC has shown. Just my personal preference. To quote a Dwight Yoakam song,"A thousand miles from nowhere, and time don't matter to me"...those are the places I seek. Places like in TNC's pics.

TNC - I have taken notes on the trails you rode, thanks for including that. Now to order some maps (the paper kind) and start some trip planning.

Sorry for the hijack, this ride report just stoked my vacation fire, something serious. I must be a desert rat at heart, I just love it out there. I keep looking at those pics...must go back.

Quick Reply: Another Boring Utah Trip