After market CLARITY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default After market CLARITY!!!

Getting frustrated with companies that can't understand the KLX 250s. HENCE the "s". Not klx, not 250, KLX 250s!! I just emailed Zeta for example, I like that aluminum throttle tube, actually tons of stuff from those guys are really nice. Same with the EDGE tail kit. Took them forever to clarify what year it would work for"KLX 250s", again, can we use our blinkers??? Yes we can. Would it be smart to fill us in on the new 12oclock led board?? Why the heck would you want blinkers then anyways. Take the IMS Pro Series foot pegs...I remember in '09 everyone and they're cousin wanted these, I have a set on the way, they're awesome, again, they never specified "the '09 KLX 250s". If you google IMS today, it's right there cut and dried, kinda dumb people!! I realize there's part numbers out there that fit our bike, just not the name or year specifically, it's frustrating!! Their's a ton of riders on this forum that are SUPER smart and can tell you about what will fit and what won't, bike to bike, year to year. We don't all have that knowledge, I wish I did. Again, when I put a pipe and jet kit on the bike, right away I wanted a K&N, first thought!! When I looked for one that fits, I didn't get one, yes it fits the 300 or whatever fits, it's the one, and it will work!! This winter I'm really gonna try to trick this bike out. Super frustrating trying to research tons of forums that never really actually give you an answer, because they're sick of it. I would be too! I'm gonna ask dumb questions, that's for sure. Without clarity, how do you know without doing a ton of leg work on the keyboard. And on the other side of that, for christ sake, don't people wanna sell their crap and make money??? SERIOUSLY??? Put the "s" in.....save me some humility. Get with it!!! Take these forums into consideration, dumb questions and everything! If I wanted to corner a specific part or market, and target those people, these forums would be the FIRST place I'd start!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Last edited by CravingPantera; 10-15-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Just like the ASV levers. They're awesome, spendy, but kick ***!! I understand getting a new perch, and bypassing the stupid clutch wires......again, they offer a pro set, I want it! Does it fit?? Especially the brake side obviously?? I don't wanna ask, but yet I need answers. So far theirs actually a ton of places that put the KLX in the sport bike category. "see sport bike application". It's not a dirt bike, it's not a street bike, to some people it's still called an enduro. Dual sport, whatever. It's stupid! I asked around here for tire ideas, I got the book thrown at me about old school threads. That was 3 years ago, I haven't ran anything besides two sets of factory tires. For some reason I wanna try the Kenda 270s. Problems with that too, what fits? what doesn't? 460, 450, 470?? It gets stupid really quick, I just want to buy the dang tires, and try 'em. After market twist throttle, what a joke! You get the I used this, bypassed this, special cable made from a different year that will work, with a different bla bla....I just want a quarter turn throttle, the factory one sucks. No one has one, never will. I gotta do this, and settle for this, and don't forget to attach those wires, and I just did this and it worked for me.....2 months of research later, tons of bypasses, cluttered bars that are starving room, all new wiring, genius farm boy rigs.....Quarter turn?? Sounds like it's impossible!!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL Nice rant, welcome to the world of the KLX 250s
The aftermarket companies don't support it very well because there aren't enough bikes out there to justify the cost of developing parts.
You are right about them not identifying the difference between the klx 250 and the 250s parts though.
Good luck.
Dan

Old 10-13-2012, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

LMFAO!!! Feel SO much better!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

All the info is out there just have to find it. ZE45-5101 for the alloy tube, KA-1287 for KN filter fits my 2010 klx250sf which has the same airbox as yours. Zeta doesnt have to tell you that theres a processor board made for there product.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

That's cool, so, you did this research?? Or just had a gut instinct. And back in '09, like I said, there wasn't a part number for the K&N. Again too, if you were to buy an '09 klx, how would you know?? If they don't list it?? Easy for you to come in and say after the fact! Tell me something I don't know or need help with. All the info is out there, like I said, it's hard not to ask the same old questions. When you bought your K&N, why would you even want to know that it fit the '09. You're coming like A god, that's cool, It's your world!!

Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

And Zeta doesn't. But when an average rider like me brings a simple question to the plate, use common sense, not some power trip antics, as simple as something like a tail light board, no they won't tell you, neither will you with that so called search function, that no where's near comes close to a simple topic of a fender cleanup kit. That's the first thing I put in, got the run around, and got treated like crap!! JUst wanted to know and save some money, for my piece of my mind, and the extreme way that I care about my bike. Looking for a cool solution, not a part of the problem that we all face! JUst care about my bike......and what I want it to look like!!

Old 10-14-2012, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

To top it off, your search engine, if someone wanted a edge tail light kit, and had questions, he or she would be directed to some super bike forum like I did. So when newbies come on here, you might want to consider the fact that your search option is not that great. Again, then you won't have to get angry at some newbie klx freak, wanting answers that aren't readily available. I'm using common sense, is everyone else???? Search details are imperative, not only to the user, but the veterans that get angry at them. Then they get intimidated, and the fun of riding disappears. It's like talking to a buddy that really hates you! He wasn't a buddy to begin with, just somebody you confided in!!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Just to part with a nasty secret with everyone on here, I'm bipolar, I take a crap load of meds. and riding as been the one thing that I could rely on, on the worst day, when I didn't even want to ride, and I was hating life. Since I was 4 years old, on my suzuki trail buddy, I'm 36 now, It's only gonna get worse for me, just want descent people in my corner that I can remotely count on a little bit. Help me, I'm aint got no brains. help me I can't feel no pain, help me I can't stand the rain, help me before I drift away(deuce)

Old 10-14-2012, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

if your not going to paragraph which i wont read then multiple post must be a good idea ;]