After market plastic body parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Default After market plastic body parts

In my consideration of getting a KLX250S, what is available for after-market plastic body parts replacement? (I apologize in advance to all the Kawa purists, but I don't like lime green.) I have looked on this site for some leads and did some minor checking on the enet, but haven't found much yet.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: After market plastic body parts

I'm not big on green either Tracy.

I believe you can get genuine Kawasaki parts in different colours from Japan.
Think D-Tracker. There is a post here on this subject.
I checked out the site in Japan but couldn't work it out.

The KLX suited me mainly because I'm vertically challenged.
I did want a DRZ400 but that bike is way to tall for me.

My first ride on the KLX was a big disappointment. The power is non existent.

But yesterday I hit the tough trails and this bike is a gem.
I negotiated trails that would have not been possible for me on previous bikes I have owned. (and i have had a lot of bikes)

Once I do the mods I have planned this bike will tackle anything.

I don't intend using the KLX on the road much. I have a another bike for that pleasure.
In the dirt it suites me.

Of course when I was younger it was all about POWER.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:53 AM

I think the only reason I bought the KLX 250 was because the lime green. I think it's the coolest color ever.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yes, the color makes the bike. It gets so many looks, including from me...
Every time I go in the garage I just stop and look at it for a while. The novelty hasn't worn off yet.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

Yes, the color makes the bike. It gets so many looks, including from me...
Every time I go in the garage I just stop and look at it for a while. The novelty hasn't worn off yet.

So I'm not the only one who goes to the garage from the inside door and looks at the bike? Good I thought I was weird or something... OK I'm still weird, but for other reasons alltogether.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej

Not even close dude

I use to spend hours in my garage just staring at my Harley wondering what I was going to change and how. Once I got the Klx I started doing the same thing with it too. I think All bike owners spend time in the garage just looking at their bikes.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the color of the bike and like others have said the Lime Green makes the bike. My only complaint would be the side covers and lower fork protectors. Why the hell did Kawi make them White. For that bike they Need to be black to match the rest of the bike.

Anybody know where you can buy replacements only in black color. thanks in advance...

LV

Old 08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

Deej

Not even close dude

I use to spend hours in my garage just staring at my Harley wondering what I was going to change and how. Once I got the Klx I started doing the same thing with it too. I think All bike owners spend time in the garage just looking at their bikes.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the color of the bike and like others have said the Lime Green makes the bike. My only complaint would be the side covers and lower fork protectors. Why the hell did Kawi make them White. For that bike they Need to be black to match the rest of the bike.

Anybody know where you can buy replacements only in black color. thanks in advance...

LV
Actually I like the white, and on the poker run Tony had the white handguard accents to match, very nice. Speaking of Tony and Scott too, where are you guys?

Old 08-08-2006, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

LV
I love the Lime Green too. It totally makes the bike.

As for the white side covers, I originally thought it would look better in black too but I have now changed my mind. Anytime you dump the bike on the trail, the side cover gets hit every time. The white really hides the scratches and the scrapes well; much better than if it was black.

BTW, Montana Tracy welcome to the KLX forum. Tracy is a very respected and popular member at the XT225 Serow forum.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:02 AM

***See Below Mistake: You can get black side covers made for the KLX300R from Maier if you like:Mistake Don't purhase!!! You can also get front fork protectors from UFO in black for our inverted forks, Maier also has a set. I haven't tried any of these on the bike yet but they should fit. UFO also makes the fenders in an original shape color etc. but I think they also have black. What I would really like to get is the 2004 D-Tracker Radiator Shroud covers in Black with that Graphic. I like the green fenders and seat cover sides but I don't like the white side covers and fork protectors either. I think the original ebony 2004 D-Tracker front fork protectors would be better quality parts.

***Correction!!! Someone has made the point on "Body Parts that Fit" post that the KLX300R's side covers will not fit the KLX250S. They claim to have consulted Maier. So don't purchase them thinking that they fit.