additional mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Default RE: additional mods

ORIGINAL: sullydirt

Marty, the acerbis tank looks good, It seems to look more like kawi green than other pics. I would love to get one in black.

Mike,

Yep, the light makes a huge difference in the appearance of the tank.

Personally, if it were purple I pretty much wouldn't care. The bike is now ready to ride in the forest, which is what I bought it for. I hope to get some time early next week and find out just how far the bike will go before it hits reserve with the new tank in place.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:32 AM
ale

Name:  P1010142.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  121.3 KB

I just got my bike back together. I did all the typical carb mods, intake and added the big gun pipe. I also cleaned up the look of the bike by adding flush mount turn signals to the front/rear and used a KX250 rear fender to cover the modified stock tail light. I like the look of a MX bike a lot more so that's what I'm going for. What do you guys think? Also added green side pannels to go for a slightly different look.
The bike now flys, and I'm not kidding. I was a little unsure if the mods would make the big difference everyone was claiming...now I see! No problems at all and the bike is now a blast for sure.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:32 AM

The rear fender/tailight assemby looks very clean. How much modifying did you have to do and where did you get the green sidepanels? And do they come in black?

Thanks,

Old 06-09-2006, 05:11 AM
ale

Rich,
I was wrong earlier....the rear fender is for a KLX300 not the KX250. I cut the stock black plastic plate holder extender thingy in half where it was flush with the new fender.....the KLX300 fender sticks up a bit from the frame, so there is room the place the tail light under it. the light is bolted to the modified black extender...I just drilled some holes and it fit up pretty easy. I like the look a lot. It tucks the light under the lip but it is still very visiable from behind. Once, you get everything off and start messing with it, it'll come together pretty easy. The green side pannels are from Meyer, for a KLX300, however, the left side one takes a ton of cutting to make fit because the battery and overflow container stick out too much....here's another pic
Name:  P1010143.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  112.9 KB

Old 06-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nicely done, Ale - looks great!

Here's mine:

* 125 main jet
* N1TC needle
* slide drilled to 7/64ths
* pilot screw out 2.5 turns
* crank case vent opened to 3/8"
* KDX200 high flow snorkel
* Muzzy full system w/quiet insert & spark arrester
* IMS 3.2 gallon tank
* KLX300 petcock
* Custom radiator fan assembly
* Renthal 7/8 Motocross Handlebar (Silver/Blue) McGrath, Lusk & Stewart Bend
* ASV Pro perch w/quick adjust and shorty clutch lever
* Renthal grips
* MSR Hawkins bark busters
* RAM GPS mount
* RAM camera mount
* Kenda 270 3.25x21 front and 5.1x18 rear
* Modified license plate / rear fender
* Pelican 1400 & 1450 cases w/custom "rapid" mount

Recently done but photo doesn't show it:

* Seat is now strapless

Just arrived today but haven't yet installed:

* MSR KLX300 skid plate

On order, due any day:

* Exhaust wrap
* Front and rear rim locks
* K&N high flow air filter
* Front fender spare tube pack

Edit: image link no longer works

Old 06-09-2006, 05:58 AM
ale

thanks Nobrakes,
your bike is pretty sweet looking. That things look ready to do some serious dirt battle. I like the bigger tank, that may me my next step. That and some new bars. Apex I see....I used to date a girl from Apex, good town. Where do you ride most?

Old 06-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm near Jordan Lake so that's where I usually end up - lots of side roads that head down around the lake, wooded trails, managed forest logging areas, etc. They are nice little rides, but too short, IMO. Out around Harris lake are also some trails which branch off the power line and gas line right of ways that are pretty good. I haven't found anything here that even comes close to the 100+ mile trail systems I hear others talking about in their stomping grounds. If I trailered my bike I could reach some within a few hours I think. I'm always on the lookout for new riding territory nearby. You mentioned you dated a girl from here - have you spent much time around here? Maybe you can give me some hints on where the good rides are?

Old 06-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Those green panels absolutely ROCK!!, very nice.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:19 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ale, your machine looks totally awesome! Looks ready for battle! That BigGunRace must be obnoxiously loud!! You also tie deej for the squeakiest cleanest bike...

Old 06-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey just because I keep my stuff clean doesn't mean I don't get it dirty. I just like..........ok I have OCD and I admit it. Bwahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply: additional mods