1st Gear Member
Default RE: Acerbis Handguards

ORIGINAL: scat

That sure changed the looks of things, Nice job Deej.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Lookin' good, Deej. That probably added 4 or 5 ponies, easy

Old 04-18-2006, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Whoops....was I supposed to black out my license plate? is there a reason to? LOL

No reason at all! Of course, when you hear about a called in complaint about your riding, you might have an idea where it came from!

I like the look of the rear of the bike. Less to break when you drop the bike off road.

However, on those Acerbis handguards, do they protect the levers in a fall, or do they become victims themselves?

Do some testing!

Old 04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

You know what's funny about those guards, even thought they are plastic with no bar through them, because of the arch design (Thank you Romans) and after attaching them to the bars, I can't get them to even flex at all. I think they will hold up nicely. Now all I have to do is find the right flasher so I can slow down the blinkers.

deej

Old 04-19-2006, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey deej,,

those look really good... looks like you didnt even need the extra silicone to fill in the space on the rear blinkers.

About the resistor... I found one a while back and they were pretty cheap. However, I kinda like the fast blink cause it is way more noticable then the slow one.

way to go and it looks really good... how do you like all that clearence now that the big black plastic license plate holder is gone???

Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ohh and BTW,,, i have dropped my bike alot with the handgaurds and they hold up great,, they do scratch up pretty easy though.... but what doesnt these days....

have fun out there...

Old 04-19-2006, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Gravy, yes I really like the look of the bike now with the ugly stock turns gone and also the plate holder. but I have to say, I think the long slow blink is safer to have. The problem with the fast blink is that it almost runs together and looks like a light that is on, but maybe I'll give it a try at night and see what it looks like. Thanks again for you're help. It's starting to look more and more like a dirt bike that we have tried to make street legal. LOL, it's all good.

deej

Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Here is the edited version. Without the plate number. Yeaaaaa for Photoshop.

[IMG]local://upfiles/897/A74DD90D1F614007A4F43E66386884BD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Deej, for little jobs like cutting and pasting, resizing and many other tasks Irfanview can open the image, do what you wanna do and save it before Photoshop even opens itself. www.irfanview.com.au if your interested. Oh yeah its less than 1 MB to download.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:18 PM

hey marty, i can attest that in my one drop of the bike the acerbis dual sport handguards did not protect the lever as the ball broke off, but as far as damage to the handguard......just a little scratch and no other damage anywhere else on the bike. i dont know if it was the handguards not working or just my dumb luck because ive never dropped a bike without a lever ball popping off....gotta keep that streak going i guess. even if i had the steel barkbusters my bad luck would make the bike fall wrong and the lever ball would pop off im sure of it ha ha. im just destined to have one ball i guess lol.

Quick Reply: Acerbis Handguards