2009 13-tooth sprocket- '06/'07 fits fine- UPDATED WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 2009 13-tooth sprocket- '06/'07 fits fine

Decent sports bikes have these. They wont round off.
I'm with Deej on this one.
It's just a cost issue.[:'(]

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

why will it get rounded? when I was adjusting it lastnight, I was able to turn it with my bare fingers for a while. then when it hit the tension, it wasn't like I was putting any force on the wrench. Maybe you guys just aren't careful enough. Still, no one has answered my question. Why aren't all off-road, MX bikes, and Ninjas being built with snails if they're so superior? anyone wanna answer that instead of just saying "oh, they'll get rounded for sure". what's your basis?
your argument is like saying that this one car is still using carburetion for fuel delivery and every other car on the road using fuel-injection is worse off and a big step backwards in technology. if carburetion was so good, why aren't the rest of the cars still using it? same with the snail adjusters. why aren't Husky and KTM using them still if they are so superior?

Old 04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

Decent sports bikes have these. They wont round off.
I'm with Deej on this one.
It's just a cost issue.[:'(]

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

why will it get rounded? when I was adjusting it lastnight, I was able to turn it with my bare fingers for a while. then when it hit the tension, it wasn't like I was putting any force on the wrench. Maybe you guys just aren't careful enough. Still, no one has answered my question. Why aren't all off-road, MX bikes,and Ninjas being built with snails if they're so superior? anyone wanna answer that instead of just saying "oh, they'll get rounded for sure". what's your basis?
your argument is like saying that this one car is still using carburetion for fuel delivery and every other car on the road using fuel-injection is worse off and a big step backwards in technology. if carburetion was so good, why aren't the rest of the cars still using it? same with the snail adjusters. why aren't Husky and KTM using them still if they are so superior?
but Deej was anti threaded adjusters.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea, I know,.......now I'm confused. What were we talking about? Its all good, you guys know me I'm not too serious about anything. Unless someone tried to diss the KLX and then we have a problem. Well I'm out in a few, heading home early, and I might just sit around in my underwear playing the X-Box. There that should be a nice image for you all. Have a great and safe weekend.