09 mods, I need to find a 13T front sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 09 mods, I need to find a 13T front sprocket

oh crap
now I have the wrong front sprocket?

how about the jet kit that was recomended to me: Dyno Jet 1997-2007 klx300. Will that work on my 2009 klx250S

Old 04-16-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

You might have the right front sprocket, it's just that the part number you listed doesn't match the Moose Racing part number. Your dealer may have a "unique" numbering system, or maybe he actually ordered a different brand than Moose.

I'm pretty sure you have the correct jet kit.

I gave up ordering parts through my dealer after giving them three tries. As near as I can tell, they stock absolutely NO parts for the KLX250S. I broke the tip off of my clutch lever. I thought "it will probably cost double but I'll get it from the dealer". They didn't have it. I live in the desert. The asphalt gets hot and bikes tip over. Certainly they stock clutch levers for every bike they sell? No, they didn't have it, but they could order it. After paying shipping at www.ronayers.com, I saved $2, and I didn't have to make another trip to the dealer to pick it up.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cosmickites
oh crap
That's the whole thing....we don't know, the part # for a 06-07 14 tooth klx is different than the 09.....but is it really different, they just may have made the rubber bushing bigger or sumthin. Go with what ya got and see what happens.....if it works....please make sure you get the Moose Mfg part number and then everyone will know what to do....via cross-reference.

how about the jet kit that was recomended to me: Dyno Jet 1997-2007 klx300. Will that work on my 2009 klx250S
You're fine on the jet kit ..... no worries.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

oh crap

dude, do NOT listen to these guys. They are wrong. You have the correct sprocket and the correct jet kit. The '09 isn't listed cuz it's a new bike. Listen to what I've told you in my pm's and you'll be alright. I don't sit there and type you responses that take 15 mins. for my health. I know what I'm talking about.

that part number you have for the sprocket is NOT a moose number, it is a denniskirk.com part number. There is no rubber damper on the '09 sprocket; that's why it has adifferent part #.

I've never told anyone that a part would work and ended up with it not being the case mullet.[:@]

Old 04-16-2008, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
dude, do NOT listen to these guys. They are wrong. You have the correct sprocket and the correct jet kit. The '09 isn't listed cuz it's a new bike. Listen to what I've told you in my pm's and you'll be alright. I don't sit there and type you responses that take 15 mins. for my health. I know what I'm talking about.

that part number you have for the sprocket is NOT a moose number, it is a denniskirk.com part number. There is no rubber damper on the '09 sprocket; that's why it has adifferent part #.

I've never told anyone that a part would work and ended up with it not being the case mullet.[:@]
Did YOU put a 13 tooth sprocket on an 09 klx yet? ...... Well no.

So your opine is as good as anyones....if you had actually installed the one you have this would be a non-issue. But of course you're all talk and no action.

Facts are simple, the 09 klx has a different sprocket number than a 06-07 klx.....does that matter....well I don't know and am man enough to admit it......odds are the old sprockets will work just fine, but there is only one way to find out.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:53 AM
1st Gear Member

09klxer is correct about the part number, that is a dennis kirk part number, the moose number on the sprocket is: 1212-0198
Sorry if I inadvertently misled peeople. Does this number help anyone in crossrefrencing?

I will have it put on today and will report back to everyone with pictures.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

Did YOU put a 13 tooth sprocket on an 09 klx yet? ...... Well no.

So your opine is as good as anyones....if you had actually installed the one you have this would be a non-issue. But of course you're all talk and no action.

Facts are simple, the 09 klx has a different sprocket number than a 06-07 klx.....does that matter....well I don't know and am man enough to admit it......odds are the old sprockets will work just fine, but there is only one way to find out.
guess I'm dead in the water if it don't fit then, eh?
yeah I have the sprocket on my bench still in the package, just haven't had time to get it on. If it doesn't fit I'll be surprised. Now we wait.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Why not just get it done so you can help out. It takes all of 5 minutes to do.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I've posted why it isn't done yet. I'm not dying to do it, and I haven't had the help around for the job. The '09 feels more powerful than the '06 did stock, so it's rideable the way it is for now.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Maybe you should sit on the bike and get your daughter to run the wrench

Quick Reply: 09 mods, I need to find a 13T front sprocket