07 KLX250 > 300 Winter SUPERMOTO build complete.(heavy pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 01:52 PM
LFR
1st Gear Member

Man, that's a good looking bike. I'm about halfway through the same process on mine (minus all the zeta bits), though I kept the stock hubs and just re-laced 17" rims onto them. I got the same plastics from aliexpress in all black and have been looking for graphics kits that weren't $300+. How do you like them? Also, how do you have your trailtech mounted with the aftermarket headlight? Right now mine is mounted on the stock bracket but that's going to be removed once I put the aftermarket headlight on.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LFR
Man, that's a good looking bike. I'm about halfway through the same process on mine (minus all the zeta bits), though I kept the stock hubs and just re-laced 17" rims onto them. I got the same plastics from aliexpress in all black and have been looking for graphics kits that weren't $300+. How do you like them? Also, how do you have your trailtech mounted with the aftermarket headlight? Right now mine is mounted on the stock bracket but that's going to be removed once I put the aftermarket headlight on.
Thanks LFR,
I got my graphics from https://www.maxcrossracing.shop/ $140 Its very thick ply so its hard to get bubbles in them when applying if you work it slowly. If you go with them make sure you tell them what type rear fender you have. MX or Enduro. I got the wrong one and they sent the correct one for free.
The Trailtech is mounted to the upper triple tree not the headlight. The upper triple tree is a ZETA for a Japanese D-Tracker with the ignition key that mounts to the right. US has the key in the middle,
The Polisport headlight mounts to the forks with rubber straps.
Cheers!

Old 01-06-2019, 01:39 AM

The more I read on this thread, the more I realize some of you are so beyond normal levels of intelligence regarding bike mods. That is truly a compliment.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Hello again,
Last month I put in a new Light weight flywheel. I bought a used one off ebay and sent it out to JC Racing Ruckus GROM HONDA Lightened Flywheel Big Carb. I didn't tell them how much I wanted shaved off. They did a great job and only a few days turn around.
Less mass for faster low end rev up. Im not in the mud anymore.
Im very happy with the results. Great Supermoto mod. It brings all of the performance mods to full circle. Only person not happy with it was the police that day he let me go with a warning.
LEFT: New shaved wheel.RIGHT: stock.

Last edited by pretzel; 01-16-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Interesting, thought about doing that with mine also.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I just ordered those fork top caps from zeta, did you notice a lot of air build up after a while?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tacoma660
I just ordered those fork top caps from zeta, did you notice a lot of air build up after a while?
Yes all the time. I like to press them when sitting at a red light PSST! PISST!

When you get them installed and tight. You should already have your triple tree loose. Rotate the upper fork tube to position the bleed valve where you want it for access.. Then tighten them all up. In case you didn't know.

What color did you get? They didnt have RED for the longest time. So I bought BLACK. then I found a red set.

Last edited by pretzel; 01-18-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Black....i've taken off soooo many useless brackets and cleaned up a lot of the tabs on the frame from brackets i've removed

Old 01-18-2019, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Black...i think should help soften up the ride if that much air comes out. And i've been eyeing these for a while now. Ordered them from japan, 20 bucks cheaper than langston

Old 02-04-2019, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member

these just showed up today

Quick Reply: 07 KLX250 > 300 Winter SUPERMOTO build complete.(heavy pics)