*OFFICIAL* Tire Report Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: *OFFICIAL* Tire Report Thread

man, what the heck am i doin thats killin my tires so fast? lol
i havent really done a whole lot of pavement on these tires either.. im in northeastern pennsylvania so most of the dirt here is loose... guess i just ride the bike hard AKA 100% throttle 100% of the time [8D]
im thinkin that im gonna be lookin for a tire thats long wearing and aggressive in the dirt.. street performance is second priority within reason.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

What are you running for tire pressure? I've got mine at 21 psi and I commute 30 miles/day 5 days/week and wander off the beaten path from time to time and at 1400 miles I'd say I still have around 50% of the tread left. It seams like they wore down quick and kinda have slowed down in the wear department now.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member

mine are about the same 22psi +-
maybe i just got a bad tire or something... dunno, but the rear wore fast as hell

Old 08-22-2006, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

hey jsac where are you located at I'm near allentown, it would be nice to find more dual sport riders in my area.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:24 AM

Everyone please report what pressure you are running for offroad, thanks.

I ran 13-15 this past weekend offroad. Usually run the manual specifications on-road.

Also, some comments in this thread on Dunlop 606 tires?

Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 AM
1st Gear Member

i live 30 minutes north of Scranton in a little town called Browndale. Probably a longer ride than you would want to tackle on the 250s but if ur ever up this way id be glad to hook up and take ya ridin on the local trails when the time permits.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea scranton is kinda far to go on the KLX.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

whaaaaaa! LOL! It is only about an hour and a half. I have ridden mine to meetings that are a two hour ride each way.
BTW jsac, did you get your license yet? We need to ride. I found some great areas near Archibald across the Oneal Highway. I ride there for an hour or so several days a week during my lunch breaks. I have also found some very tough rocky ascents that keep you in first gear and working. It is great excercise. They are like mountain goat trails.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy 6

whaaaaaa! LOL! It is only about an hour and a half. I have ridden mine to meetings that are a two hour ride each way.
BTW jsac, did you get your license yet? We need to ride. I found some great areas near Archibald across the Oneal Highway. I ride there for an hour or so several days a week during my lunch breaks. I have also found some very tough rocky ascents that keep you in first gear and working. It is great excercise. They are like mountain goat trails.
lol, license isnt the prob.. its the plate thats killin me.. or lack of one that is [8D]
its back to school time so all my xtra money is gettin sucked up by clothes shoppin for the kids at the moment. i have my fingers crossed that ill have the money for everything to get it on the road within 2 weeks. i have the reg. paperwork here.. came in the mail this week... just a matter of gettin the kids the stuff they need for school... i grew up in the archbald area.. know the hills well there. i useta roam all over archbald mountain and the pole lines on my ol YZ80 if i can swing gettin it legal sometime b4 the cold sets in we need to get together for some trail ridin cowboy6.. maybe anyone else thats in the area maybe interested. stay in touch ill post on the board with a celebratory "got my plate" thread once im legal, then maybe we can put something together.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:32 PM

So I am kicking around these couple of tires. Does anyone have either of them on their bikes? I like the price of the Maxxis @ 29.00

I like the idea of the longer lasting Bridgestones too but at 85.00 they are kinda pricey but if they last twice as long as a most it will be worth the extra $$

Just looking for some inputs, thanks!

Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* Tire Report Thread