*$^%^&*$ KAWASAKI Beer Can

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default *$^%^&*$ KAWASAKI Beer Can

I live in the rain capitol of the USA and today we have total sun and t-shirt weather. We out to ride the 2009 that has 5 miles on it. Won't start - been in to the dealers twice.

I did all the tricks on the forum here - nothing!! Pulled the plug and it is a bit wet. Replaced plug and let it sit. Tried every starting configuration and now the battery is toast.

Is there a better spark plug that I could try - I don't know where else to go and the dealer is a long days drive.

Rik

Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

double check that your kill switch is not pushed in.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

The batterys in these bikes run down quick, but will come back if charged.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

It's a pain in the butt, but remove seat, remove airbox lid, remove filter, spray a TINY shot of starting fluid into the air intake and your bike SHOULD start. This is a TEMPORARY fix only! AND. . . make certain that the bike WILL start normally once it has warmed up. You don't want to have to rely on this method! You have a kill switch/choke/jetting/spark or slow cranking problem. . . .

Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Carb overflow hoses unblocked?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

could be the kickstand safety switch or clutch safety switch.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

After re-charging the battery still no start. Re-charged the battery fully and nothing.

Soooooo I put the bike on a 12 amp charger/booster and it roared to life. So what is this??

Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

could be just a weak battery but it could also be a weak coil or bad stator. I think Tremor is the electrical guy. He knows more than most of us when it come to electrical stuff.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
could be just a weak battery but it could also be a weak coil or bad stator. I think Tremor is the electrical guy. He knows more than most of us when it come to electrical stuff.
I am by no means an electrician... but I do have 4 years of avionics experience and based on that, without measuring battery output or stator input at the battery there is not much that can be diagnosed other than the bike needed a serious boost in power to start.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sail-A-Wai
I live in the rain capitol of the USA and today we have total sun and t-shirt weather. We out to ride the 2009 that has 5 miles on it. Won't start - been in to the dealers twice.

I did all the tricks on the forum here - nothing!! Pulled the plug and it is a bit wet. Replaced plug and let it sit. Tried every starting configuration and now the battery is toast.

Is there a better spark plug that I could try - I don't know where else to go and the dealer is a long days drive.

Rik
Can you be more specific on the problem? Does it even try to turn over? If the kill switch is in, or the kickstand switch disengaged with the bike in gear it wont even turn over, so that would be helpful to know.

Edit: nevermind, you got it started with a stronger battery...kill switches are evidenlty not the problem.

Quick Reply: *$^%^&*$ KAWASAKI Beer Can