Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   *$^%^&*$ KAWASAKI Beer Can (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/%2A%24%5E%25%5E-%2A%24-kawasaki-beer-can-26760/)

Sail-A-Wai 02-02-2009 10:49 PM

*$^%^&*$ KAWASAKI Beer Can

I live in the rain capitol of the USA and today we have total sun and t-shirt weather. We out to ride the 2009 that has 5 miles on it. Won't start - been in to the dealers twice.

I did all the tricks on the forum here - nothing!! Pulled the plug and it is a bit wet. Replaced plug and let it sit. Tried every starting configuration and now the battery is toast.

Is there a better spark plug that I could try - I don't know where else to go and the dealer is a long days drive.

Rik

dan888 02-02-2009 10:57 PM

double check that your kill switch is not pushed in.

dan888 02-02-2009 11:01 PM

The batterys in these bikes run down quick, but will come back if charged.

Magoo 02-02-2009 11:09 PM

It's a pain in the butt, but remove seat, remove airbox lid, remove filter, spray a TINY shot of starting fluid into the air intake and your bike SHOULD start. This is a TEMPORARY fix only! AND. . . make certain that the bike WILL start normally once it has warmed up. You don't want to have to rely on this method! You have a kill switch/choke/jetting/spark or slow cranking problem. . . .

RaceGass 02-02-2009 11:33 PM

Carb overflow hoses unblocked?

lcpl0331 02-03-2009 01:18 AM

could be the kickstand safety switch or clutch safety switch.

Sail-A-Wai 02-03-2009 01:33 AM

After re-charging the battery still no start. Re-charged the battery fully and nothing.

Soooooo I put the bike on a 12 amp charger/booster and it roared to life. So what is this??

lcpl0331 02-03-2009 02:31 AM

could be just a weak battery but it could also be a weak coil or bad stator. I think Tremor is the electrical guy. He knows more than most of us when it come to electrical stuff.

Xplosivo1 02-03-2009 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by lcpl0331 (Post 354227)
could be just a weak battery but it could also be a weak coil or bad stator. I think Tremor is the electrical guy. He knows more than most of us when it come to electrical stuff.

I am by no means an electrician... but I do have 4 years of avionics experience and based on that, without measuring battery output or stator input at the battery there is not much that can be diagnosed other than the bike needed a serious boost in power to start.

Xplosivo1 02-03-2009 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sail-A-Wai (Post 354204)
I live in the rain capitol of the USA and today we have total sun and t-shirt weather. We out to ride the 2009 that has 5 miles on it. Won't start - been in to the dealers twice.

I did all the tricks on the forum here - nothing!! Pulled the plug and it is a bit wet. Replaced plug and let it sit. Tried every starting configuration and now the battery is toast.

Is there a better spark plug that I could try - I don't know where else to go and the dealer is a long days drive.

Rik

Can you be more specific on the problem? Does it even try to turn over? If the kill switch is in, or the kickstand switch disengaged with the bike in gear it wont even turn over, so that would be helpful to know.

Edit: nevermind, you got it started with a stronger battery...kill switches are evidenlty not the problem.