Kawasaki Quad's & ATV's Quad (Leisure) & ATV (Working) talk within here.

Armidiillo swingarm guard does not fit?? What size bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Default Armidiillo swingarm guard does not fit?? What size bolts?

I ordered the armidillo swingarm guard from here: http://www.trailtracksand.com/...lo_skid_plates___.html
and went to install it and it doesnt fit properly. The top of the plate will not meet up with the holes where the bolts are supposed to go into the red thing from underneath, because it will not be flush, since the guard it pushed right up against the sprocket, so it cant go up any further and theres a gap. The two front bolts line up right, I wonder if i have an aftermarket sprocket on that is too big for this guard? How do i determine this? Also the bolts he gave me are way too small to go up from underneath. Also, it doesnt seam like those two holes are even threaded, or are they? If they are what size bolts do I need to get? I will get the bolts and put some washers in between to eliminate the gap, so it is not touching the chain. Are there threads in there or do i need the self tapping bolts?
By the way you will have no idea what i am talking about unless you have a swingarm guard, because I know i sound like an idiot, and it is hard to describe what i mean. Thanks for the help!