Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

2014 610 mule SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Default 2014 610 mule SE

Working on my wife's Aunt's 2014 mule 610 . Her Husband(wife's uncle) recently passed away and she needs to get this thing running so she can sell it. First problem is it wouldnt run. It would start and idle but when you give it throttle it would die out. I took the air cleaner lid off and low and behold there was about 4 inches of gas in the bottom and still running into it. I disconnected the fuel line from the pump and it still flowed out of the pump, I then disconnected the line from the tank and it still flowed. . The tank was holding pressure, I guess where it was in the sun, I cracked the fill cap and it stopped. any ideas on how to fix this short of leaving the cap loose?, I blew out the vent line and it was clear.

This machine only has 347 hours on it.

So I decided to to take the carb off and clean it, It wasnt to bad, no holes in the float, and everything was clean inside. put it together and started it it would idle but still a little hindered. got it to take fuel, so I took off to test it. STARTED BLOWING WHITE SMOKE!!!!would run about 50 yards, and die, start back , 50 yrds and die. got it back to the shop and checked the oil, yep over full, but didnt have a strong smell of gas. Hmmmm!

I decided to change the oil and WOW there was about 4 qts of oil/gas mixed that came out. I put some oil in it and ran it for about 20 minutes , drained it out and put oil back in it. It now Idles great and has alot of power, like it should, however it is still smoking. My question is will the smoking work out where I assume the cylinder walls were washed down? At idle it slacks off on the smoke some, but when you throttle it up it smokes bad. any way to fix this, tricks? short of rebuild? Sorry for being long winded, just wanted to give some info.

Old 04-25-2020, 11:58 PM

Hey there - I know your post goes way back to 2016. But wondering if you ever got that Mule running properly? I'm have some issues with mine dying after about 100 yards after I ran it out of gas, then put new gas in. While investigating, I found an inch of fuel in the air filter's plastic housing.