Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

96 750ss no spark

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Default 96 750ss no spark

new to this site but am looking for some good advice. I have a 96 750ss that doesn't have any spark. A little background on the ski I bought a pair of them one ran the other not so much. The guy said the starter was bad and needed to be replaced so i asked if the starter from the running ski could be put in the non runner and fired up he said it alot of work and if he was going to do that he would replace the starter and bump the price of the skis i said ok he dropped the price to 1800 plus the trailer for the pair. Ok got the ski home ordered a starter put it in and it just spun freely. Oh surprise guess what needs a bendix, replced the bendix reinstalled the engine and parts. Guess what no spark still. Ok, ordered a cdi box and coil and replaced an still no spark. The little pickup on the case cover when the bendix came apart it sent little parts rolling around in the case and one of those little pieces took a small chunk out of the pickup and there is wires exposed could this be the reason for no spark. Just a guess. I have ground the plug well to the engine still no spark grounded myself and the plug still no spark. This is the last piece of the puzzle. I know the other cdi and coils worked cause i swapped them into the running ski vroom vroom fired right up.. And last but not least can the pickup be replaced by itself or does it have to be replaced with the magneto.. And if anyone knows are the other 750 ski pickups and magnetos interchangable.. Thanks newbie man there fun when they run