General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Turn signal problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Default Turn signal problem!

I have posted this issue before, but I now have new developments, and a clarified problem.

I have a '96 ZX-6R with aftermarket turn signals, and the left one will not work. The right one works perfectly, but when I switch to the left, every light on the bike dims, and it doesn't blink at all. The front left blinker lights once dimly, the rear does not at all. When I push the button in to cancel the signal, I can then use my right one again, but I cannot just switch between the two without canceling it first.

I originally thought the rear bulb was just blown, so I got a new bulb (from AutoZone, not the Parts Unlimited amber bulb I needed for the clear signal) and the left blinker blinked fine, just faster. Now that I got a new bulb that is the same as the right blinker, same problem as before: dimming, no blink.

The bulb I got from AutoZone is larger...is there a chance that the bulb was touching a contact in the socket that the smaller custom bulb is not touching correctly, or does this sound like a deeper electrical issue?

Sorry this is so long, I just felt that I needed to explain the problem in-depth for anybody who really knows this stuff

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Turn signal problem!

I am not really sure. The bulb that you replaced, is it the same wattage? ohm's law ya know. If so, then things need figured out some.