General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Too big of a job?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Default RE: Too big of a job?

It doesnt look like it I got everything out and im at a total dead end. And thats after breaking my clutch hub!! There goes another 80 bucks and 7-10 day special order. Things are not looking so good for me. I might just have to replace my starter AGAIN too because the idle gear tore it up a lil bit. I'm staying pretty calm on the outside but on the inside its like a train wreck lol. I just want this nightmare to end and hear the 'ol F1 Ninja run like a champ. It will all be worth it in the end if everything goes together good.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I just couldn't find that last post?? It's on here somewhere... it was a while ago... So you have it all apart, and are waiting on parts to come in?? If your starter teeth look at all bad, I would change it. the last thing you want is for the bad drive teeth to screw up the new fly!!

If all else fails, drink a corona!!! lol lol

Old 04-28-2006, 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

If all else fails, drink a corona!!! lol lol
dont forget the lime.....lol....hey big whose rig is that

Old 04-28-2006, 06:16 AM

So you have it all apart, and are waiting on parts to come in?? Not quite so lucky, i have it all apart and have to put it all back together when the new clutch hub comes in. Then i have have to figure out a way to get the starter idler gear out all over again since its not behind the clutch housing. It looks like theres no way to get to it, still boggles me and ive looked at it forever now. Wierd

Old 04-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That sux....here is a link to the flywheel puller... http://repairmanuals.com/motorcycles...4/6/4886/10471 there is a lot of them on line, and there might be a cheaper one somewhere...

In the mean time, I'll keep looking for that post....

frogger, I don't know....Saw it online for sale, and thought it was a good looking rig.... Nice sleeper, huh...

Old 04-28-2006, 05:49 PM

heck yeah thats a nice sleeper...i wouldnt mind having that if i knew how to drive one...lol

Old 04-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frrogger1

heck yeah thats a nice sleeper...i wouldnt mind having that if i knew how to drive one...lol
The hardest thing is log books, and backing up!! Especially back east. All those docks were designed a long time ago for 30 foot trailers. And they expect us to put a 53 footer with a 35 foot long truck in there!!

750, I can't find that post man..... Does you library let you rent service manuals, until you get one.. they do here..

Old 04-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

ORIGINAL: frrogger1

The hardest thing is log books, and backing up!! Especially back east. All those docks were designed a long time ago for 30 foot trailers. And they expect us to put a 53 footer with a 35 foot long truck in there!!

750, I can't find that post man..... Does you library let you rent service manuals, until you get one.. they do here..
backing separates the men from the boys

Old 04-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

LMAO!!! Exactly right..... And when you think you are the best at it, a Dock will come along and prove you wrong!! lol

Old 04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

For me backing was good days and bad days. Funny cause some days I could thread that b%tch through a needle and other days you would think I was on my first hour.
I was lucky cause I was not using docks very often.

Quick Reply: Too big of a job?