General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Throttle and Clutch adjustments.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Default Throttle and Clutch adjustments.

Heres for starters.
I ride everyday or everyday I can. Im used to my bike now so I thought I might start making adjustments. My problem is I don't know exactly what im adjusting. Like the throttle. Those two adjusters on the right side of the handle bars on the 07 Zx6r are confusing. I know they adjust play and thats all. Theres more to the adjusting though. I played with them a bit and now the bikes reaction time is to throttle is decreased. Or theres more power from the same twist after the adjustment. Also it seems like the length from no throttle to full has been shortened. I dont have to twist as far. I hope this isnt to hard to understand. Like now i can power wheelie a little on it. Before it'd never come off the ground now it does. I still cant get it up more than about 4 inches but hey i see that diffrence. Maybe if i knew more i could get the results i want. Oh and clutch ups are a breeze. That throttle response is great. Itll now pull the bike up from a small clutch up. I adjusted my clutch to its grabs quicker. Not so much slip.

Can someone just explain (details please) what these adjusters are doing?