General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Starting Problems......

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Default RE: Starting Problems......

Wow...after a few hours i got the carbs out...hahahaha.....so now i am starting with basics, besides the carbs what else should i look for since i have the whole thing apart, i just dont want to put this monster back together and find out i forgot something, the plugs themselves look good to me but anything else besides what the eye sees,

Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 PM

i recently had the same problem with my bike..i rode it for about 2 hrs then let it sit for half an hour then had trouble starting it...the first time it started then bogged down and after that the engine wouldnt even turn over. i had accidently ridden with my choke half up for about half an hour so a friend thought maybe that had something to do with it but that was the first starting problem ive had. it seems the general consensus with mine is i need to get a trickle charger for my battery but if you guys have better ideas then let me know because it sounds like we both have similar problems

Old 02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

battery tender is the way to go.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:15 PM

Well I cleaned the carbs and had a fun time putting everything back together. When i tried to start it ....nothing .....then vrooommm.....yeah was happy as hell, warmed her up, when on a nice 30 min freeway ride ......very smooth........got home turned her off......10 minutes later tried to start again just to check......and back to square 1 !!!!! the only problem is the initial start...from there this baby is perfect whether high or low gear, or high or low rpm.....what else could it be.....

Old 03-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Does the starter motor turn when you try to start it? On the initial start that is.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM

Yes. I went and got a battery charger to double check the battery....it sounds really strong but eventually will weaken after cranking it so many times......then all of the sudden she will start right up....then nothing

Old 03-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Default Pics of sparkplugs.

My bike still wont start. How do i know if the sparkplugs aregood or not? How do i troubleshoot this?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:11 AM
Default Sparkplug Pics

Here they are

Old 03-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sparkplug Pics

They look pretty rough. The read is all over the place. Are those stock 9 plugs?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

mine doesn't do anything at all it like the key isn't even in the ignition

Quick Reply: Starting Problems......