General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Default Power Commander

I am in the market for a power commander for my 07 zx6r, the only mods i have done are jumper mod and two brothers slip on, question being when i get the power commander should i remove the jumper mod or leave it, i am still getting to know motorcycles so is the power commander just a plug and play type of deal? also which power commanders do you guys recommend, let me know thank you. -Rob

Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Hmm.. man.. got me on the jumper.. i'd say leave it. alot of guys running the jumper mod just fetch a euro map for their bike. i'll contact dynojet about this and see what i can dig up in the meantime.. (and if no one else beats me to it..lol)

as far as a power commander goes.. two brothers, dynojet and bazzaz all make piggyback controllers for your bike..

now, if you're going to absolutely use a dynojet powercommander, and are new to bikes, yet wanna do your own tweaking, start off woth a PCII or III. theres a PCIIIr, but thats a little advanced for alot of ppl since it also brings to the table ignition tuning, and not just a fuel map tweak.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Spoke with the friendly folks at Dynojet today. As per their suggestions...

"The fuel is different overseas.. the grades are modified and using a euro map on a U.S. ECU might not give you the tuning capabilities you're looking for.. the best thing to do in this case basically is to experiment with different maps..."

i had a much longer talk with them but thats the boiled down, truth-be-told short version. fuels different.. euro maps are made to run on euro gas. not american gas.. BUT, it won't hurt anything to play with different parameters and mapping.

i also see i didn't answer your plug-and-play question.
-Yes. its pretty much that. you can upload a map into the PC., plug it into the bike, and go screw off.. theres variables to everything . they're very tunable.. both at the desk with the "tweak table" as i call it (the board that comes up with all those little numbers on it on yourcomputer screen..) and on the street withtheir little tv-lookin thingy that allows street tuning on-the-fly..

if you want to get THE MOST out of the setup, i'd suggest an O2 eliminator.. that puts the load on the PC and ECU and the PC can do it's job a little better.. the O2 is closed-loop and if it remains, theres just a slight tradeoff in power for economy..

hope this helps!!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I would run the jumper mod and spend the few dollars for a custom tune. Look up speedracers results here in kf.