General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

no start! help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Default no start! help

new here so bare with me....
bike was dropped on its left side. Stator cover cracked and oil leaked from it
Stator cover was replaced, oil added.

When key is in ignition there is power to bike and fuel pump kicks in too

what can be a starting point to look for solutions? bike doesnt start when i try to start it. any help is appreciated!

Old 11-14-2005, 07:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: no start! help

There is a tip over sensor on the bikes. Maybe when you droped it the sensor was damaged. I hate to say it but probly have to take it to the dealership and have them check the sensor.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:21 PM

NO!! thats the last thing I want to hear.

Is there anyway of reseting this sensor if that is the problem? is it easy to locate??

I read somewhere that the fuel injectors have a tip sensor, which cuts off the fuel in the event of a tip over, but they said that once u striaghten up the bike it should be fine... Is this correct as well??

thanks...

Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

What year is your bike? I'm sure there is some way to reset it but I don't know how to but I'm sure someone here knows. If not call a kawi dealer and ask one of the service guys how to reset it. They might be cool and tell you how to. Sorry i don't have any other info for you. Hope you can get the bike started.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:37 PM

Hey thanks, i never knew about the tip over sensor. I had dropped a previous bike, but nothing like this happened before

its an 2003 zx6r

ill check with the kawasaki dealer, im sure theyll tell me how to reset it
thanks again

Old 11-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

F- the dealer buy the service manual for 25 bucks and find it yourself. Sorry I have no more info to help but you will use that manual alot.

Let us know what happens bro.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:00 PM

Yea F the dealer! haha I called there and he laughed in my face, told me there is no such thing as a tipover sensor. He wanted to know where I heard that nonsense from lol. But ummm, I checked EBAY under tipover sensor, and all i got was a BACK ANGLE SENSOR/TIP OVER SENSOR, for a honda cbr600. So should I be looking for a BACK ANGLE SENSOR?? This specific one for the CBR is located under the headlights.. What do you guys think??

Whwre could I get this manual for my bike???

Old 11-17-2005, 09:04 PM

Have you got power? Does it turn over just not fire? My bike got dropped once and lost all power, it was the main fuse...

Old 11-17-2005, 09:28 PM

yea there is power to the bike, i got a new battery on there too now. when key is in, there is power in dash, as well as fuel pump kicking in. there is no click from starter, no nothing,

where is the fuse? under the seat??

thanks

Old 11-17-2005, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: bluerocket

yea there is power to the bike, i got a new battery on there too now. when key is in, there is power in dash, as well as fuel pump kicking in. there is no click from starter, no nothing,

where is the fuse? under the seat??

thanks
Others should be able to give you specifics on fuse locations, I don't have the same bike so there's no telling where they are. If the starter isn't kicking in, it's either jammed up or there's no power getting to it (or the solenoid that triggers it).

Quick Reply: no start! help