General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Luggage for the ZX Ninja

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Default Luggage for the ZX Ninja

Hi Guys, new to this forum. Just bought a 97 ZX11 and was wondering what kind of luggage could be mounted to this bike. Unfortunately Krauser does not offer a K wing tail rack and Givi does but is a one piece design incorporating mounts for both top and side cases and is mounted permanately which in my opinion would take away from the look when not using the bags ( racks may look stupid). I was told that many parts from the 1200 are interchangable. Krauser does make a K-Wing for the ZZR1200 but not the ZX11 and will not guarantee the fit. Does anyone know if Krauser's rack for the ZZR will fit the ZX11? I go on many rides and plan to attend Americade in Upstate NY as well as Laconia NH and need the bags, have thought of vinyl bags but worried they may scratch the paint.
Thanks
bn

Old 02-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Default RE: Luggage for the ZX Ninja

Hi Guys I realize luggage may not be a very popular subject but can someone who has researched or any knowledge on the subject please respond to my question. I am a member of other clubs ie: V Max Owners Asso. US as well as V Max Chat in the UK and there is always someone who will come up with some answer or will point you in the right direction. I would really appreciate some help on this. Maybe a couple of members with a ZX12 and ZX11 could measure the distances between tabs (for bungees) that flip up on the tail, any information would be helpfull.
Thank you
bnpain

Old 02-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked out Tourmaster? They have sport saddlebags and tailbags. It might not be enough, but there is a guy that I know here that sells Tourmaster stuff, and he says it is excellent.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:24 PM

Thank you Bluebird for the response and the Tourmaster look great but am concerned if they will scratch the paint and how they are mounted. I will check them out. If anyone's interested Givi makes a monorack for just a top case which is another option I'm researching.
bnpain

Old 02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

No problem! I hope you are able to find something for your bike! Personally I'm considering one of the tailbags or the saddlebags for my trip to Cape Breton for the TT races in September, they look like they'll be adequate for my needs.

Good luck!