General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help i need to go riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Default help i need to go riding

I have a 2005 636 the fuel pump had a leak so i took it apart and put new seals on. I got it all back together and started the bike. A few seconds later oil started to poor out the bottom of the bike. I put everything back on the way it was suppose to go on i just wanna know what can i do to fix this problem. Please help me i am feenin.............

Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

If you just changed your oil, put the drain plug back in.
Re-trace your seal procedure; are you sure everything went back exactly as it came out? No extra parts remaining?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Bummer, but you'll figure it out with the help of these guys on the forums. Oh and welcome to the forums by the way.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 AM

havent changed oil yet and i am positive that everything went back as it came out....... and thanks for the welcome deej.........

Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF. where is it leaking from??

Old 04-14-2009, 06:31 PM

TY, the water pump. it wasnt leaking oil before i changed the pump just coolant...........

Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I am confused.....

I have a 2005 636 the fuel pump had a leak so i took it apart and put new seals on. I got it all back together and started the bike. A few seconds later oil started to poor out the bottom of the bike. I put everything back on the way it was suppose to go on i just wanna know what can i do to fix this problem. Please help me i am feenin.............

Then this? or is this a new problem?
TY, the water pump. it wasnt leaking oil before i changed the pump just coolant...........

Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 PM

the water pump was leaking coolant at first. i changed the seals for the water pump. after i put it back together, i started the bike up and a few seconds later the bike was pooring out oil from the water pump. why is it pooring out oil from the water pump, i dont know, trying to find help to fix this problem.............

Old 04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

krak, we need to be sure we understand. First you said the fuel pump, then you said the water pump. I'm no expert on the newer bikes, but it sounds like you have a serious seal problem somewhere in the gear drive/water pump mating surfaces. The oil is leaking from or around the area you just repaired, correct? (Not coming from some other place; bottom of case, etc.?) Did you use/not use a gasket sealant or new gasket or something? We're missing a critical detail here.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM

i apoligize its getting frustrateing to figure it out. it is from the gear drive/ water pump mating surface. oil is coming from that area. No i did not use a gasket sealant, are you suppose to and if you are what kind................sorry if i got you confused.

Quick Reply: help i need to go riding