General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

GPX 250 Mirrors removal, can't get them back on properly

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Default GPX 250 Mirrors removal, can't get them back on properly

I moved house a few weeks ago and had to remove the mirrors from my bike to put it on the truck.

I didn't remove the mirrors from where they attach to the actual bike, but instead removed the bolt directly on the pivoting arm and just took this section of the mirror off. There was a rounded spacer and a nut and that's all.

The problem is now that when I tighten the nut, it get's to a certain point and then just turns the bolt within the mirror as if the other end of the bold has become loose within the plastic and is just free rotating. The point that it starts doing this is not enough to have the mirrors sitting stable and they just flop around.

What a moron.

Basically, I just want to check if I have all the pieces, if I should take it in to a Kwakka shop or just purchase myself some new mirrors. Any advice would be great.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Can you get to the bolt on the inside? If it doesnt have a head on it I would replace it with something that does and if nothing else a little epoxy should hold the bolt while you tighten it down, lol.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:24 AM

nah I can't get to the bolt while tightening the nut. Even if I tighten the nut while the mirror arm is not attached to the bike it gets to a certain point then just rotates.

I tried a ****load of blutac haha some araldite is a way better idea.

Cheers for getting back to me.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

No problem brotha, sorry there isnt much I can do for you.

Welcome to KF!

Old 04-09-2024, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by renegadesk
I moved house a few weeks ago and had to remove the mirrors from my bike to put it on the truck.

I didn't remove the mirrors from where they attach to the actual bike, but instead removed the bolt directly on the pivoting arm and just took this section of the mirror off. There was a rounded spacer and a nut and that's all.

The problem is now that when I tighten the nut, it get's to a certain point and then just turns the bolt within the mirror as if the other end of the bold has become loose within the plastic and is just free rotating. The point that it starts doing this is not enough to have the mirrors sitting stable and they just flop around.

What a moron.

Basically, I just want to check if I have all the pieces, if I should take it in to a Kwakka shop or just purchase myself some new mirrors. Any advice would be great.
Have you put the spacers in the correct orientation, maybe a washer isn't in the correct position, could just be something small like that I wouldn't replace for something small I'd strip it down and carefully re assemble and check that everything is in correctly
Hope this helps