General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

db questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Default RE: db questions

congrats on the baby imo akrapovic tho...

Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

ORIGINAL: GS247

I have a new baby girl due in a two weeks so the bike may put on hold as far as upgrades when I get the new parts I will post pics and let you know what I think.
Congrats man!!! That's awesome.... I am working on starting a club.....lol lol... The " You can't date until you are 35" club...lol
Here's a pic of my babygirl. They grow fast.....fo sho

[IMG]local://upfiles/1248/8A8ADD6C083D4B919A243EDA1CC8B4F3.jpg[/IMG]
haha wearing dads gloves eh, theyre as big as her head lol

Old 09-27-2006, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

count me in, in that club. just the other day i was looking at a shot gun. something i can just sit around the house a clean all the time. lol

Old 09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, sound db's

I like normally louder than standard epa mufflers. A full pipe is a wise decision if hunting that elusive tq/hp gain. I also agree with louder being safer. But.....

I run the stock exhaust on the 10r, I have to be honest with ya, it growls at 4k up. A good tone. Now, my 7 was a quiet stock exhaust. Totally different comparison.

So you need to make the choice actually, and at what rpm setpoints you have in order to get the sound you desire.

Remember that most tracks will not allow anything over 102db. Not that you mentioned that, just a heads up.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I finely got my Boz Bros. pipe and pcIII installed tonight. Can you say holey f*@king LOUD Batman. My buddy talked me into the street core pipe instead of the race core pipe and I think I’m glad he did. I went to go take it for a quick spin around the neighborhood and it was so loud I didn’t want to **** off any of my neighbors. I barely took it up to 7,000 rpm it was the quietist around 5-6 k. Well here are some pics. I’ll let you know how she rides later on.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2817/D09F18E24C2F453B8B257394781D5FD8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2817/115234DDAC3E4FEBB7D7FC6FEB7427FA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2817/19E30D970D354007AA0F794B7947535D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Can't wait to hear what you got to say on those pipes...I can sell them at my shop but I was waiting to hear if they were worth the investment. They look great by the way!

Old 10-13-2006, 05:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Pipe looks good... bet it sounds good too.

Not too keen on that bracket though.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah I don’t like the bracket either. Its there fender eliminator kit. There is another bracket that attaches to it for the license plate, that I have not installed yet. You are suppose to attach the turn signals to the side of it. I think I’m going to fabricate a bracket that is more con****uous.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I took the bike in to town today, and the first chance I got to crack the throttle open I did. Now I only wound out second up to around 12 grand or so and let off. It felt pretty good nice and smooth. Well I was just cruse in down the highway, and as I was coming up to a red light I look in the mirror and I see two cars with there red lights flashing . So I pulled off on to the side road . Apparently I did not see the two cops on the side road sitting the talking. Woops! The cops try to block me in at a closed down repair shop. The first guy gets out of his patrol car and he is a new young cop (couldn’t be more that 23 years old) and he has the I’m better than you attitude. He asked why I was in a hurry and where I was going . I replied in to town and no hurry just cracked the throttle open a little. He then took my license and went to go run it. The older cop started grilling me on how long I have been riding, how long I have had the bike, why I’m in such a hurry in this much traffic, have I been I trouble with the law, what do I consider a major/minor offence is. So I just humored him with the answers he wanted to hear. The second guy came back with my license and told me if I want to do this I should go out to the drag strip at the airport. He too jumped my **** for my erratic driving in such heavy traffic. Now when I cracked the throttle I was leaving the intersection by my self. There where no other cars around. I did however catch up to some. I humored him as well. I knew the had no clue how fast I was going they just heard and saw me fly by. I think they knew I knew that the didn’t have a clue so they let me off with a warning. I never got another chance to really open it up and see what the pipe and PCIII did for my bike. Its Big Bike Weekend here and there where just to many people out in town. I will tell you it is almost to loud. The pipe is basically a strait pipe you can see right through it. It doesn’t drop down in size at all and there is a resonator in the 12” can that just gives it a deeper tone. Its ear piercing. My buddy said it made his ears ring when I revved it up. It looks sweet as hell though. The tone does mellow out a little on the freeway, but not much.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

is it louder than a D&D?

Quick Reply: db questions