General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2 questions.. where is the sparkplug and can you bondo plastic

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Default 2 questions.. where is the sparkplug and can you bondo plastic

ok my bike is turning over but not firing... my first instinct is to check the spark plug... i got the fairings off but i still cant find it.. its a 1990 zx750

[IMG]local://upfiles/945/885EDE5E0B494F9A81A7B9562E8664D9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/945/4B76DCE52E9342EDBFDF81675E9AF5C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2 questions.. where is the sparkplug and can you bondo plastic

Take off the gas tank and the air cleaner. You will see the 4 plug wires on top of the cylinders.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Take off the gas tank and the air cleaner. You will see the 4 plug wires on top of the cylinders.
notstock is right with the plug location... as far as bondoing plastic, it could be done. but you would have to buy a special plastic bondo filler.... this type of bondo flexes with the plastic and doesn't shrink or become brittle..... i forget the name but when i get to work i'll post it....

Old 12-12-2005, 03:20 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

notstock is right with the plug location... as far as bondoing plastic, it could be done. but you would have to buy a special plastic bondo filler.... this type of bondo flexes with the plastic and doesn't shrink or become brittle..... i forget the name but when i get to work i'll post it....
ok cool... there are a few cracks on my side fairings i was wanting to fix... i just dont want to pay 150 bucks for a new side... i think im just gonna pull it into the garage, take all the fairings off.. sand them down, fix the cracks and repaint the whole bike a new color.. i dont know though.. i mean the bike has given me so many problems these last couple days i might as well call it a year and take the damn thing apart and get to work on it for next year...

Old 12-12-2005, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

hey bro take the bike apart and get it all right and running for the next season..... it's better that way, your not rushing things.... so i'll let you know in acouple of days what the bondo is... good luck bro...

Old 12-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: kawizx7

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

ok cool... there are a few cracks on my side fairings i was wanting to fix... i just dont want to pay 150 bucks for a new side... i think im just gonna pull it into the garage, take all the fairings off.. sand them down, fix the cracks and repaint the whole bike a new color.. i dont know though.. i mean the bike has given me so many problems these last couple days i might as well call it a year and take the damn thing apart and get to work on it for next year...
Check this for your plastics, I have not used one but have heard others swearing by them http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SYNTH...96372526QQrdZ1

Just search plastic welder on ebay.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 AM

as far as taking the gas tank off... is there a way to do this without dumping gas everywhere? can i just plug the tubes somehow or something?

Old 12-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

i used to take my gas tank off my old katana to change the plugs... i don't see how it would be any different.... you shouldn't have any problem with spilling the gas....

Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM

DURAGLASS IS a great product for plastic repair.....

Old 12-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Turn offf the fule shutt off and disconnect the fule line leading to the fule pump for the shut off. It,s easy bro just look at it and you will have no problem.

Quick Reply: 2 questions.. where is the sparkplug and can you bondo plastic