General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Road Kill

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Road Kill

ORIGINAL: Prom

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

No hit, no kill thank goodness. Was side by side racing through T6 at Portland and a possum runs across the track. Whew! that was close. Then the ducks that wade in the small pool on the entry of T7. Crazy stuff.

Street stuff? Black cat in Sacromento, deer T-boned me in Oregon, almost *** ended a Spike Roosevelt elk at night, no offs fortuneatly. T-boned by deer at Mt St. Helens, deer won that one.
Wow, deer really like you dont they?

I got a notch on the gf's car for a bird but not much other than that.
lol, made my 2000 mile experience last weekend a thrill. Coming around Mt Shasta at night. I was going slow, but did not hit any deer! Wooohooo!

Old 10-02-2006, 09:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I did almost hit a kamikaze possum last night. lol. Why do these stupid animals always have to get in front of headlights?

Old 10-02-2006, 03:43 PM

Ive caught a hawk in between my spotlight and a-piller in my old Pete, a sparrow in the grill of a freightliner, 2 birds to the chest and a racoon on the ninja.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow hitting a racoon sounds like fun...not. [&:]

Old 10-03-2006, 01:50 AM

like hitting a speed bump at 65 mph. I had to stop right afterwards to make sure I still had a lower left on the bike. Luckily no damage, just a mess to wash up.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:20 AM

OK, i'll chip in. Since i didn't here of anyone hitting a ground hog, i'll be the first to mention it. he would have been fine if he would have ran straight across the road, BUT NOOOO..... he had to run on an angle towards me. i had my wife on the back and i braced myself as i watched this fat ole whistle pig come full bore towards us. i did want to make a sudden swurve and dump the bike, but i could just invision my front tire veering off his skull and my wife and i doing a superman out over the handle bars. Fourtunately, it worked out well for us. As for the ground hog ..... dead on the spot.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lol, true, never met one of them.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I was on a van ride once with about 10 other guys and we were going to a place so remote in Minnesota that we had to use GPS coordinates to get directions, and all of a sudden a Bald Eagle comes flying up out of the ditch across the road. We were barely able to avoid it and the $25,000 fine we would have to pay for running it over, but it was a close one.

In any other case its better to just take the little critter out instead of swerving off the road at speed, but I think thats the exception to the rule.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Suicidal squirels...I have not hit one yet but I had a close call yesterday on my way to work. Other than that I am thnakful to have not hit anything. One time at Sac Raceway a cow got loose and was giving everyone a scare on the return roads. That was an interesting night. I think the cow was probably more scared than us though. And it is not uncommon to see a jack rabbit cross the dragstrip at Sac Raceway.