General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

I hit 140mph damn that was intense...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I hit 140mph damn that was intense...

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] That's a good one crip!

Old 09-29-2005, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I saw the vid of that guy running over that Mexican star, it's not an accident. I have the vid on my desktop at home in fact.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Speed is addicting. There is nothing like doing 150+ on a naked bike. Just have to pick the time and place for it.

As far as the tires are concerned, which Dunlops are on your bike? I'm very partial to the 208's. They stick well in the twisties and I can get 5k from them.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: shon

I do about 120 every once in awhile [sm=devilgrin.gif]but... that's as fast as I can get my bike to go. It feels good to gun it every once in awhile. I have to say that I am a little disturbed to hear that you are doing that with no gear on though. Every little bit helps! GET YOUR GEAR!!! We don't need to see the "reason to wear boots" Clip with you in it. [sm=nono.gif]
[sm=exactly.gif] We do not want to read about you in the hospital getting skin graphs and metal things inserted where your bones used to be.

Take it to the track bro.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:47 AM

The things you have to learn after you get the proper gear of course is to look as far up the road as you can when at speed. Don't focus just 200 yards up the road, 'cause you will be there in a blink. You will soon notice that the faster you go, you will be thinking faster and everything seems to "slow down". Also, make sure you "know" the characteristics of your bike such as when the rear feels loose or vibrations etc..
As far as tires go, most are good enough for everything as long as you know their limits. One of the first things that I do on a new pair is take a ride in the rain and find the point at which they break loose so I can know how hard not to push them in the rain..

This is just my rule now... At some point, you will encounter the fuzz..
1) if you think about running, make sure you know the roads.
2) make sure you have enough fuel
if any of these are against you, just pull over and take your medicine.. with luck, you will get a lecture and a cop eyeballing your ride.
if you do run, you don't have to go any faster than you already are. do the math on how long it will take him to turn around and get up to speed and then gain on you.. it won't happen.. but then again, i never could outrun a radio either..
use common sense..

Old 09-30-2005, 05:51 AM

Ok Ok we all know how i think but here goes again. I try not to but it seems to happen all the time most the time when i get wit friends the speeds hardly ever get under 100. The funny thing is a lot of my friends are cops. and they tell me the same thing traveling that fast if you see a cop drop gear and kill the throttle. anyways always wear your gear when speeding excessivly it saves and we all know it