Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/)
-   -   I hit 140mph damn that was intense... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/i-hit-140mph-damn-intense-1168/)

Funkdock 09-29-2005 08:10 AM

I hit 140mph damn that was intense...

Well i only been riding for abotu 2 wks and i promised my self i wouldnt take any big risks. However, i hooked up with a ol pal of mine. He has a 04 R6. And he took me to this industrial park with all these twisty and turnies. I couldnt even keep up with him, i actually lost sight of him. It was intimidating so i just cruised through it until i get familiar with it. Then he took me on this 30+ mile trip out of town. No gas stations lights or even cars for a while. We got to this one road that is straight for like 20 miles. So i took off got up to about 110 then i let off, cause i was like thats to fast (haha). So im chillin cruising at like 75. I see my boy drop back like 200ft im like ok maybe hes just cruising. BUt all of a sudden he passed me by at like 120 in the left lane( no cars in sight). I was like dang i gotta catch him, so i dropped it to 3rd and pegged it. IM cruising now at 120 and i cant even catch up to him, i hit 140 and still he was flying so i let off, thats enough for me. He then slowed down and told me he broke his record; he hit 160mph. Dang dats fast to me.

BUt all in all it was really fun and im not going to attempt that again until i get my leathers and gloves next week.
I dont know if ill go that fast again cause to me its like how many times can you go fast until something happens.
Plus I dont know enough about tires and riding, has me worried **** will slip or something. I got Dunlops, which i heard are just standard harder compund and they suck. So I would like to get some softer tires eventually when these wear.

Do you guys **** around like that? Or is that too much, only every once in a while?

MAD KAW 09-29-2005 10:13 AM

RE: I hit 140mph damn that was intense...

i do that every once in a while. i don't have much open road where i live. at least not like that. i've done 145 - 150. that pretty much it. i don't think you should do it too often. until you get the proper gear. well even with that you run the risk of something going wrong. but just gear up and ride safe...

shon 09-29-2005 03:40 PM

I do about 120 every once in awhile [sm=devilgrin.gif]but... that's as fast as I can get my bike to go. It feels good to gun it every once in awhile. I have to say that I am a little disturbed to hear that you are doing that with no gear on though. Every little bit helps! GET YOUR GEAR!!! We don't need to see the "reason to wear boots" Clip with you in it. [sm=nono.gif]

petezzr 09-29-2005 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: shon

I do about 120 every once in awhile [sm=devilgrin.gif]but... that's as fast as I can get my bike to go. It feels good to gun it every once in awhile. I have to say that I am a little disturbed to hear that you are doing that with no gear on though. Every little bit helps! GET YOUR GEAR!!! We don't need to see the "reason to wear boots" Clip with you in it. [sm=nono.gif]
WERD!!

That is intense, and there's no doubt speed is addictive, which is why you need to gear up BEFORE you start doing those kinds of speeds, otherwise you'll get a bad case of 'wonthappentome-itis', then we'll see you in one of those clips!! Plus you say you're kinda new at riding...please take it easy!! Inexperience can hurt you too. Don't wanna be an old fart, esp since I was at 130 over the weekend between clumps of traffic, but I don't want to hear of getting hurt either. At least you were on wide open road, that's the only way to do it.

Mr. Toad 09-29-2005 04:01 PM

Here's a vid of a guy going 30-40 without gear. Granted he was stunting at the time but any number of factors could induce a spill, rock in the road, narrowly missing a car turning into your lane, etc.

WARNING: Due to the graphic content of this video, viewer discretion is advised.

Ouch!

Wear your gear.

shon 09-29-2005 04:09 PM

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW

petezzr 09-29-2005 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: shon

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW
Yeah...OWIE!!

ZX12Rider 09-29-2005 06:44 PM

It almost looks like he lost his knee cap - OUCH!

Funkdock 09-29-2005 09:41 PM

That video wasnt that bad. The other one with the bone sticking out the leg was pretty nasty. Actually the most disturbing one ive seen so far is the one w/ the guy falling asleep behind the wheel ans plowing like 5 bikes. Th eone in Mexico where the guy got off easily due to corrupt govt etc.

BUt dang the guy wasnt even going fast and lost almost all his kneww cap w/jeans. Point made, im going to try not to go that fast anymore, but my bike so dang fast, its effortless. I guess i need some racing pants, but **** i cant afford that right now. I just orderd an Alpinestart leather jacket; $230 and Rocket Joe gloves $79 (they got that Armor-tan stuff)

This road that i went fast on, its just a straigt shot for 20 miles and no cars and the road is just paved, so it flawless. But again ill take it sleezy i mean easy

crip2nite 09-29-2005 10:34 PM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...5/fde64b62.gif