General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

How do I hotwire my 2006 ER-6N?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Default How do I hotwire my 2006 ER-6N?

I have found myself in a bit of a situation.

I am currently an overseas medical student in St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles.

My friend gotten a good deal on a 2006 Kawasaki ER-6n from a dealer, and I had purchased and insured it.

I was riding it one day when a pickup truck in the left turn lane made the decision to make a sudden right turn in front of me.

I ended up making a quick right turn, but the side of the bike still made contact with the side of the truck.

Needless to say, this was not my fault at all.

The owner of the pickup truck got out, immediately looked at the damage of his truck instead of seeing if I was okay, then proceeded to call the police.

I was relieved since I thought for sure I would get an insurance check and a free ride to the hospital.

But instead, without even asking me what happened, they wrote a ticket for me.

Long story short, I did not have proof of insurance on me (it was my friend's bike) and I did not want to pay for the pickup driver's damages (since he was sleazy and it wasn't my fault.)

I ended up going to the impound lot and paying to get it out, with the promise that the guy who got it out would also be able to get the keys.

The bike was delivered, but then when he went to go get the keys, he was told I owed over $1000 in damages.

LONG STORY SHORT

I don't want to pay, so I was wondering if there was a way to hotwire my bike.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Of course there is a way to hot wire it.
But why would we want to post up hot wire instructions on a motorcycle forum for every thief to see? You'll need to study up imo.

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you are okay. Study hard in school.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I'd probably get an attorney instead of potentially adding to your "criminal record." Agree with ID^, we can't provide THAT kind of information; no offense. That's a tough one.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Attorney or pay a locksmith?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

OK, I must've missed the part where you actually got your bike back.
You could just get a different keyswitch, or do the locksmith idea^. As for the "damages" issue, if that is a court-determined fine, don't assume it will just go away quietly (especially in a bad economy where courts are squeezing every nickel.) Thus, my "attorney" recommendation.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds made up.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

moved to General Discussion

Old 07-13-2012, 08:02 AM

Well all of this is taking place on the dutch side of St. Maarten, not the most heavily regulated place ever.

It being a 2006, it had a Laser cut key, and i'm not sure it was even available in the US that year?

So I can just call a locksmith if I have proof of ownership (a bill of sale stamped by the Dutch government?)

Old 07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
1st Gear Member

May as well call a locksmith. What do you have to lose except the service fee for coming out. Describe what you have and see what they can do.