General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

HOT DAMN! BOUGHT MY NINJA!!!!!!! WOOHOO

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Default HOT DAMN! BOUGHT MY NINJA!!!!!!! WOOHOO

Sorry for the crazy title guys but I AM PUMPED UP!!!!!! I feel like I did when I first got laid years back. This is what I have been needing for so damned long.

A rebirthing... kinda... yea, i guess you can call it that.

Anyways, I bought my Ninja 250R yesterday and skipped all classes yesterday, except my Tactical Leadership (ROTC) class at noon, and rode pretty much all night. Best feeling in the world!!!! I couldnt believe I had never done this in the 22 years prior to this year in my life... I feel so cheated. But so greatful to have a good bike to ride!!! I got the red one and it had 1.9 miles on it when I got it! I paid $3,773.00 out the door and I got a Blue Kawasaki mesh riding jacket, some Pilot gloves, and a free Helmet - on top of the bike. I feel like I got a pretty good deal. Now, I just need to get some liability. Any suggestions? I need the cheapest I can get. Also, I need to get my endorsement on my license. But I have been riding it, I will confess... One problem with Kawasaki. The tachometer says not to go over 4000 in the first 500 miles. Give me a break! That is crazy. You can barely idle the damned thing at under 4k. I have been putting along the roads and then giving it a little juice and then coming back down. I was told that this wouldnt hurt the bike and would be alright. I will get some pictures up fellas. Only thing that sucks is this...

ON THE WAY HOME FROM BUYING THE BIKE... I wrecked my Civic!!!!! Totally screwed up my hood and will need to replace it... Guaranteed $1200.00 at the least. I am so pissed about that. On the day I get a new Bike, I wreck my car. Damn.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HOT DAMN! BOUGHT MY NINJA!!!!!!! WOOHOO

hahaha, the civic was jealous! Congrats on the ride m249c. I call it perma grin, but nowadays, guess it is called Bob.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the ride! Just be carefull for the first few weeks. Don't do anything too crazy, or it will end up like the civic.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

A few weeks? I must be slow. Enjoy the ride,have fun and be safe.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Your emotion put a smile on my face and took me back to my first bike. Enjoy yourself. This is one of the few things in lifethat nobody can tell you you're doing it wrong! Just be safe; always wear protection. Congrats!

Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 AM

Well like i said, riding this thing for the first time was like getting laid for the first time back in the teenage years. you just feel like you are the king of the world; at least i did. haha. Cant make myself go to bed, bc i keep taking late night rides all over town. i am also amazed at the commraderie that exists with other bikers. they all shoot me a little peace sign when i drive by. how cool

Old 09-06-2007, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on your new ride. Sucks about your car though

Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 AM

yea.... tell me about it..... guarantee ya that that damned hood is going to run me every bit of $1200.00. [:@]

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM

I TOTALLY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! *highfive* Congrats on the new bike and hope you have a fantastic time riding. [sm=yeahsmile.gif]Post pics when you get a chance. And sorry about your car. That blows!

Check out Geico for liability. My bike and my hubby combined came out to $150 a year. Shaweet!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry about the car awesome with the bike keep it up and be safe

Quick Reply: HOT DAMN! BOUGHT MY NINJA!!!!!!! WOOHOO