General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Best Place to get a bike loan? and insurance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Default Best Place to get a bike loan? and insurance.

Im 19 and im looking to get a bike. I have a good friend who is going to sell me a 2000 Ninja zx-7 for 4000 with 8500 miles on it.

I want to find the best place to get a loan out and to get insurance from. Do you guys have any ideas?

a little about me. I have has 1 car crash (under my mothers name) andI got 10 points from that crash (speeding and some other small ones) Most were dropped to parking on pavement.) I went to a defensive driving class and got 4 points takin off. Now its been about year since. I have a 1994 Chevy s10 under my name but am going to sell it asap!

I was looking online and found some sites that have Motorcycle loans They seem to offer better rates and so on then Most banks like Chase or Bank Of America, Have any of you guys used a site or another company for loans? if so let me know! My loan will only be for 4000 and I'm going to put a down payment of about 1000 ifI can. Give me some advice would help out a lot thanks! [/align]

Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Best Place to get a bike loan? and insurance.

I really like the insurance rates from State Farm for sportbikes specifically. But I always recommend to call as many companies as possible for quotes since motorcycle insurance rates tend to vary A LOT between providers. Never go with the first rate quote you get. I made that mistake when I was starting out.

Getting a small loan would probably be suited best through your bank. I'm sure other members here may have some better sources though.

Hope this helps. Welcome to KF!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

For insurance try Progressive
They have a great website and they're more concerned with
your credit score than your driving record
If you have a good credit score you'll get a good price

Old 03-17-2008, 01:07 AM

Yea Im Out of a Job Right now because my truck blew the rear end andI couldent get to work so I dont think I can take a loan out my self. Is that correct? And My mother has crappy credit. Im planning on paying this off in about a year or 2if I put down 1000

Old 03-20-2008, 02:24 AM

Still looking for a good place to get a loan! Anything will help! Thanks

Old 03-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

get the loan from your bank or credit union. the intrest rate will be low and locked in. welcome to KF

Old 03-25-2008, 06:47 AM

Thanks For the advice! I here a lot about the Credit Union but can someone tell me more about it? I dont know much about them and would like to understand them more. I try and read up on it but I get so lost I dont understand it.... If you know the best credit union to join let me know! I know there are a lot out there and a lot can be scams or tricks. A list of some good Unions would help and i can take it form there.

Thanks for the help Cant wait to get my new bike!Now im not as scared of the gas prices They are saying 6 bux this summer O_O WTF!