General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

"That DAMN Helmet Law!!!"

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: "That DAMN Helmet Law!!!"

hmm, The Beetles and rocks hurt! hehe

Old 04-24-2007, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

heres my two +1

Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 PM

Hey mark, they are always behind cause they are sitting on the side of the road broke down waiting on a tow! OOOHHHH, did I say that out loud????

Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member

It is crazy. If you look down at the asphault at speed and think how that would feel on your head, that should give you a wake up call. But lots of these guys still have the "It wont happen to me" syndrome. What also drives me nuts are riders on sportbikes with full gear, strapping their helmets to the back of the bike[:@]

Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toad1025

Hey mark, they are always behind cause they are sitting on the side of the road broke down waiting on a tow! OOOHHHH, did I say that out loud????
haha! too true!

Old 04-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I know most of yall won't agree with me on this, but.......lol

I am all for helmets and gear. You guys and gals know that..... But dammit, if I want to have a marlboro hanging out of my mouth while doing 50 mph down the road with out a helmet, then that's my right. I'm not hurting anyone else. i don't like helmet laws. Yes, I wear my helmet 99% of the time. If helmet laws were to be mandated, then they might as well put anti wheelie crap on the bikes to stop people from doing wheelies or stoppies, govern all bikes at 70 mph.....

If I want to jump on my sled and do 100 mph+, no helmet, no gear, on one wheel, I'm going to do it. We have enough rules and regs.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll have to disagree with you! lol

Old 04-29-2007, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member

I understand your reasoning though. I don't believe the local or federal government needs to have any business in your personal choices. But, sometimes it's necessary when too many people become injured by an activity that carries such risks as motorcycle riding. Same thing with seat belts. The amount of lives saved by laws requiring people to buckle up outweighs the individual rights of those who prefer not to. It DOES effect more people than just one. There are your friends and family to consider too. (especially your KF family!)

Old 04-29-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

I understand your reasoning though. I don't believe the local or federal government needs to have any business in your personal choices. But, sometimes it's necessary when too many people become injured by an activity that carries such risks as motorcycle riding. Same thing with seat belts. The amount of lives saved by laws requiring people to buckle up outweighs the individual rights of those who prefer not to. It DOES effect more people than just one. There are your friends and family to consider too. (especially your KF family!)
Yup,

I don't like helmet laws. I feel that people should be responsible for themselves. Having said that, I feel people lots of times are not responsible. I does effect others. The guy that has to scrap you off the road. All of your coworkers who pay more insurance because of the increased payout. The other motorcyclist at your work when the company insurance puts a stipulation that if you ride a motocycle, you will not be insured. And of course, your loved ones

But again, it is entirely up to the rider

Old 05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Helmets are mandatory here in Australia and guess what, I couldn't care less, I use mine every time.