General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

"That DAMN Helmet Law!!!"

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: "That DAMN Helmet Law!!!"

I was one of those guys a long time ago that didn't like the helmet law, but you know what cured that? Looking at pictures on the Internet of people that might have lived had they been wearing a helmet. I will never ride without one, even off road. In fact I am so much in favor of helmets that the other day I was watching that show where the guy travels and eats at all kinds of places, can't remember his name, oh and my wife was watching it not meAnyway he was traveling down the highway riding a motorcycle WITHOUT A HELMET!!!! I am going to find out what show it is, and send him a nice reminder that he is doing a huge disservice to the public by setting that example. American chopper does it from time to time too, no helmets and showing it on TV, what a bunch of tools.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

Cure him of his idiocy:

Go to the store, buy two cantaloupes... I think that's how it is spelled.

bring him, the melons, and an old-*** helmet from your grandpa's garage out to the parking lot. Grab one melon and whip it straight down at the pavement. Advise him that the result is what happens at less than 30 miles an hour. Take the 2nd melon and strap it inside the helmet. Throw the helmet straight down at the pavement - top first. Dust off your hands and tell him to clean up the mess. Say nothing more. Walk away.

If that doesn't spell it out for him, nothing will.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry Srobak I had to correct the spelling, I know I'm sick but I can't help it.[&o]

Old 04-02-2007, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

what retards. i know a few guy's that ride harleys but like most of them they would rather ride with nothing at all wich in my book really stupid. It's a bike it might not go as fast as our 636's or other sport bikes but if you go down and hit your dome your going to wish you had a helmet on when your sitting in your wheel chair for the rest of your life. just my two cents on the situation

Old 04-02-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on those two cents. So we are up to four cents, come on everyone keep adding.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

+1 on those two cents. So we are up to four cents, come on everyone keep adding.
and send that money to me! lol

Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

I am not sure what they would be missing out on the most, the head injuries or the bugs in there teeth

What a tool!

Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 AM
1st Gear Member

So, Mr. anti-helmet guy is here talking about his crazy motorcycle ideas again.This time he is teaching me how to ride my bike! lolThe guy seems to think I don't know anything about riding, or safety for that matter. I guess it makes the night interesting though. Apparently, he believes in order to quickly avoid something in the road, I need to lean the bike one way while quickly and abruptly jerking the handlebar in the opposite direction! I may not be the best rider in the world, but aside from basically loosing control, if you're going fast enough, that would likely put you into a dangerous wobble! WTF is this guy talking about??? Then, he started ranting on again about how deadly helmets are.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:42 PM
1st Gear Member

haha sounds like the biggest bogan...

Old 04-23-2007, 02:41 AM

I have ridden with and without and i much prefur to ride with its alot more relaxing not to mention saftey.....It should be a law every where just like seat belts......my buddy has a v-star and won't wear one cuz it won't look good....well you brain isn't going to look well on the road either....i still wear mine when we ride together....maybe i can talk him into it.....you dont get the bugs wind and other crap in you eyes and face....rocks hurt