Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Texting is worse than drunk driving!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Texting is worse than drunk driving!

I hate to see people driving while talking on a cell phone, but I did not realize how dangerous texting is?

No chit!

" Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) -- which carried out the study for the RAC Foundation -- also found that steering control worsened by 91% for those who were distracted by texts...

The tests also showed that texters were less able to maintain safe distances from other cars and they tended to drift out of their lane more often.

RAC Foundation director Stephen Glaister said the research "clearly shows that a motorist who is texting is significantly more impaired than a motorist at the legal limit for alcohol." "

Linky to the full article.
This should be required knowledge for DL tests, and D'bags that are caught doing it should face the same prosecution as DUI. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had close encounters.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I frequently ride late at night during the week - it is the only time the expressways around Chicagoland are relatively traffic-free, at least to the point where you are not getting cramps in your clutch hand.

I have completely lost count of how many times I have almost been clipped by some stooge with his cell phone sticking up in the air, texting away and drifting all over the damn road, or I am behind them and I see this...

I'm like screaming in my helmet... CALL the son of a bitch - it's SAFER!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

against the law in cali YAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! they cracked down hard too.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

should be illegal everywhere... i carry 3/4inch ball bearings for those dipshyts. i see one swerving and looking down, i reach into my cupholder and grab 3-4 of those lil grenades and let em fly. usually cracks the windshield or takes out a headlight, i laugh and on occasion, with one that really put others in danger (like blasting into the rotary of blowing a stop sign) i yell out things like "thats what you get for texting you dumb cu^t!!" or "pay attention and it wont happen again ya fu<king **** sucker!!" and of course my favorite "haha *******!"

haha, i kinda have a short fuse

Old 09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
against the law in cali YAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! they cracked down hard too.
The new law only covers talking on your cell while driving, you can still use push to talk and text, go figure.

People who wrote and approved this law are just plain lamb arsses, bet dam sure they did not f-up their cost of living increase, or their daily perdium which btw is as much as a lot of fools make in a day.

We're doomed!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ahhh no way? i thought phone in hand while driving ment ticket? that sux
Originally Posted by i notstock
The new law only covers talking on your cell while driving, you can still use push to talk and text, go figure.

People who wrote and approved this law are just plain lamb arsses, bet dam sure they did not f-up their cost of living increase, or their daily perdium which btw is as much as a lot of fools make in a day.

We're doomed!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

phone in hand means ticket in WV,, but unfortanatly they dont inforce it

Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member

I never text when driving. I hate when people are always on their phone. it annoys the chit outa me