Fort Collins, CO opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 01:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Fort Collins, CO opinions?

I may have a job opportunity in Ft Collins. Anyone know if it is a good place? to live? to ride? Just looking for first person experience/opinions.

Thx.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I only worked out in FT Collins for a month back in 2000 but It was enough that made me want to relocate there.
The People, countryside, women! Unfortunately I stayed in CT.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up Life in FTC. Rejet and enjoy. :)

Fort Collins resident here!

It's a great town, and has grown a lot since I first moved here around 18 years ago. The growth has made traffic a bit more interesting and has driven home prices up in recent years. If you are thinking of renting or buying in town, check out the prices first- housing is in high demand, especially in late July when CSU students come back for college. You can also consider nearby towns like Windsor or Loveland with a short commute to Fort Collins.

FTC has about everything you'd want- plenty of retail and restaurants, night life in Old Town, and in under an hour you can be down in Denver. Loads of breweries!

There are many motorcyclists and adventure riders in the area, and most years I can pretty much ride year-round. If it's over 35 and clear, I'll ride in. Plenty of backroads for rides and a number of canyons to carve if you are in to that (Rist Canyon, Poudre Canyon). KLRs and BMW GSs all over the place!

MotoAdventure is our local Kawasaki shop, so we are represented there!

Ask away if you have any other questions.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default T4-nice info

Thanks T4. Your opinion is exactly what I was looking for. If I get a face to face interview for the position I will probably PM you (T4) to ask a few more questions. Like how are the off road opportunities, schools for my kids, etc.
Anyone else chime right in.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds good. Good luck on the interviews!

I had forgotten about the Jeeping and camping since I sold my truck many years ago. I'll look up the old 4 wheeling trails I used to hit around here. Plenty of them, although I heard they graded out one of the more challenging ones (Kelly Flats...used to be a heart pounder). My hardcore Jeep friends go to Holy Cross or Moab, UT if they want to really get in to it but there are plenty of trails within reach.

The biggest draw for me, along with the mountains, are the mild winters. We get all four seasons but winter is not as cruel as when I lived in the Midwest. It gets cold, it dumps snow, but we get a lot of sun and breaks in the temperature so no cabin fever. I actually came out here from MN for a year, and never went back.