any one use their Klx for wheelies and stunts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Lol I just bought a seadoo spark. Having a friend with a boat is just as good �� and as for speed yeah it could be incorrect or correct. But check me out. I still have stock sprockets, 6th gear 60mph at 6k rpm 6 gear 70mph 7k rpm. Throughout my time and tuning (tires too) these rpm correlations with speed have maintained consistent. So I understand I used to hit 95 96 stock. But now its different on a regular day without wind I will always hit 103 104 with my setup. I just no longer have interest in it. My tires are pretty much bald and I just don't trust these speeds anymore. Also have a quarter size dent on my front rim. I already check my tire pressure before every ride after going down at 65 mph

Old 06-23-2015, 11:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by keepitgkev
No miles per hour! And yeah I actually find the streets too dangerous. I ride in isolated or with squads of other dirt bikes and ATVs on stunt strips. I live in miami . I no longer use this bikebto commute whatso ever. Just wheelies really
Good on you!

So often it's a "look at me" thing. I live in Ohio, used to be up near Akron and the Starboyz. What a bunch of anuses they were splitting traffic on I-77, Rt 800 and other routes up there with their jackass "look at me" act. No wonder their first video was dedicated to a buddy that got spit off an overpass when he screwed up.

It isn't the legality to me as it is the public attitude it creates and the safety factor. Crash the bike and cause a wreck that kills someone and now it's vehicular homicide or manslaughter. Not good.

Go play where it is safer for others - like you are. I may fall and possibly get hurt sliding a corner, but no one else is going to be in it.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mmmbeefy
I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy street racing a KLX, and you're the only guy stunting one.
Does anyone actually realize you are racing them?

Just sayin' it's a 250, we used to race people on our MB5s, but that was pretty much the norm with them just to keep up with traffic!

Old 06-23-2015, 12:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Klx768, Perhaps you missed MMMbeefy's racing thread ? - https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...klx250s-42989/

Old 06-23-2015, 05:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
Does anyone actually realize you are racing them?

Just sayin' it's a 250, we used to race people on our MB5s, but that was pretty much the norm with them just to keep up with traffic!
The Krieger sticker near my knee is good for at least 2 hp, right?

Old 06-23-2015, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, and BTW - @turtle_lips to see all the pictures I take that I won't remember.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey mmmbeefy, you might get 2mph if you cover the headlight hole.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

And another 2 mph if you put the red KLX plastic on it..

Old 06-24-2015, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Wink Blasphemy!!

Originally Posted by Klxster
And another 2 mph if you put the red KLX plastic on it..
The GREENuns are faster

Old 06-24-2015, 11:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mmmbeefy
The Krieger sticker near my knee is good for at least 2 hp, right?

OOOHHHH, that don't look like street racing...

Also thanks for "flyin' the colors". That is half the fun of doing the part... thinking where the stickers may show up. Some rider in Poland, Bulgaria, South Africa, Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand, or other countries may have them on their bikes. That's why I made a good quality one. It just tickles me to no end (it's not ego driven either, it's just realizing the power of the internet, like how many people have seen that picture that never could have in 1980). Imagine if I could go to Australia and see the stickers on a KLX or a VTR...

I guarantee you your cam timing is not floating around and the drive making noise... that should be good for about 1/4 hp somewhere along the line... but that's offset by the raised ridge of the stickers on the bike!

On a serious note, I will say if you capped the headlight hole, smoothing it out, the aerodynamics will clean up. I had a 1985 magazine with an article on aerodynamics and it was kind of surprising. Anything to cut down the drag coefficient of flow of the air over the surfaces. One interesting thing was a common city bus has a better drag coefficient than most motorcycles!

Last edited by klx678; 06-24-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: any one use their Klx for wheelies and stunts?