Tank Bra

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tank Bra

The biggest reason for me wanting one was after my first ride of 35 miles, I could see where my leather jacket rubbed against the tank. Looked like light scratches. Looked great again after waxing but still....

Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AHUFFY

I have the one from the KAWI web site and got it on clearence for 5 bucks and it's the best 5 dollar bill I've ever spent. Go for it!!!
Where did you find a deal like that?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I, like many of you I'm sure, often check out kawi's web site and they use to have a clearence section and I found it. It's plain black and some brand I'd never heard of but I figured if it's junk I could afford to toss it and it ended up being a great deal. It was kinda funny if I would have had them send it to my house I would have had to pay for shipping and that would have been more than the bra itself so they shippined it to my local dealer and it's the only thing I've ever seen to be as good/better than it sounded.

THIS IS A PIX OF MY TANK BRA AND TANK PACK I'D SUGGEST BOTH!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I got my Targa Tank bra in yesterday and put it on today. I really like it. Nice fit! Bummer I can't ride it though, 4 freakin inches of snow today![X(] I also put on dfferent bar ends.

Name:  IMG_0260.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  148.6 KB

Old 03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: warsanrotts

I got my Targa Tank bra in yesterday and put it on today. I really like it. Nice fit! Bummer I can't ride it though, 4 freakin inches of snow today![X(] I also put on dfferent bar ends.

Yep, same as mine. Looks great!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Justanother option... http://www.mag-knight.com/Tank%20Bra.htm.Lucky me I was slow on ordering the Targa Tank Bra, as the Mag-Knight Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bra,although more expensive, wouldbe a better alternative (imo).

Old 04-12-2008, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrotceh

Justanother option... http://www.mag-knight.com/Tank%20Bra.htm.Lucky me I was slow on ordering the Targa Tank Bra, as the Mag-Knight Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bra,although more expensive, wouldbe a better alternative (imo).

Let me know what you think of it if you get it. I was also considering thier tank bra also. I do have thier tank pad. I do like what I went with andI went even further and got some felt from a frabric store and used that under the tank bra. (damn ocd ) [&:]

Old 04-14-2008, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Will do! But before I place my order, I gotta figure out first how to remove the tank pad I installed a few months ago. I heard a hair dryer should do the trick.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

After months of delaying my purchase, I finally took the plunge and bought the Mag Knight Magnetic Tank Bra. I immediately took off my tank pad, which was already peeling off at the edges but removing the left-over adhesive was a bit of a pain. I applied a scratch remover on my tank then buffed it and she looks ultra shiny again. I installed the Mag Knight Magnetic Tank Bra, which wasn't too bad at all. I had to buy a heat gun just for the purpose of installing it properly. It clings to the tank quite well and I am pleased, as it actually looks pretty good! A bit pricey though but hopefully, will be well worth it in the long run.