Oil Light on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Default Oil Light on!!!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to riding...I have an '07 zzr 600 and I just performed the first scheduled maintenance ( oil/ filter, checked/ lubed the chain, etc.) Idrained the oil and replaced the filter and let the bike sit overnight....today on my way home from work I stopped and got some 10w-40 cycle oil and filled the bike upto the recommended level. When I turned the engine over the oil light is on,,,,so i let her run for a few minutes and its still on. Anyone have anyidea what could be causing this? I was thinking maybe theres an issue w/ the oil pump? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Default RE: Oil Light on!!!

Here is what I would do get a new clean container and drain the oil and re-service it again.If your problem was caused by a air bubble this should fix it.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 AM

I'll have to give that a shot. That was my next option. Thanks

Old 08-11-2007, 01:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Never had that problem with mine, but if it is new I would just take it back to the dealer as it should still be under warranty. Let them find the problem and fix it.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 AM

I forgot to add check your wires going to the sending unit and all fuses.
Post back with the results.And of course you can take it to the dealer like zzrick says.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:54 AM

Yea, guess i should just take it to the stealership.....haha that was the main reason for servicing the bike myself...just don"t have the time to take it in. O'well....I'll post when its fixed....hopefully soon!

Old 08-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Was the oil filter filled ie primed prior to installation?

That will eliminate the FI light normally on start up.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:39 AM

You can only put in so much oil without it spilling out of course since it screws on.
I pour oil in mine before I spin it on.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member

I just screw it n dry...start it up...let it fill...and thenoil back up to correct level after theeverythingdrains back down, no light when I do that.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:01 PM

So i got home from work yesterday...grab a clean bucket and was getting ready to drain the oil and start over. I figured I fire the bike up before I started....the bike starts and to my surprise the oil light is off. I rode last night just to make sure everything was okay and it was. Thank God!!! Still not sure what the issue was but everything is fine now. I guess it just takes a little while for the light to go off. Thanks for the info everyone....you guys have been a great help.

Quick Reply: Oil Light on!!!