Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   The Stunters Corner (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/stunters-corner-70/)
-   -   First wheelies (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/stunters-corner-70/first-wheelies-14801/)

Deuce 08-18-2007 12:58 AM

First wheelies

So, I did my first few wheelies not long ago.. Mostly in 1st gear, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to ride it out in 1st. I'm too jittery because I'm still nervous when I get up that high and the throttle's too jittery to control when I'm jittery. lol Still getting used to it. Only pulling them at night when there aren't any other cars on the road. But, it's alot of fun and I'm looking forward to being able to ride them out. Any tips on a good speed to attempt pulling them in 2nd gear? 1st I'm doing about 20 mph.

Notstock 08-18-2007 02:29 PM

RE: First wheelies

2nd gear about 20-25, quickly close throtlte and let the front compress then quickly open throttle.

Good luck and becarefull, I still suck at wheelies [&o]and can appreciate the foos who can get them up and ride them out.

OMalley912 08-18-2007 11:27 PM

Don't forget to position your foot on the rear brake just in case you get up.....way up! Smack that brake and not your head :D

Dragone#19 08-19-2007 02:25 AM

ORIGINAL: OMalley912

Don't forget to position your foot on the rear brake just in case you get up.....way up! Smack that brake and not your head :D
hahaha, an aquaintance of mine looped his '06 GSXR 1k not too long ago at around 80mph 2nd gear doing that bounce/fork compression thing. Covering the rear brake is a good thing!

j0304636 09-03-2007 11:49 PM

It all depends on what your riding. when my 636 was stock I had to get it up to 45-50 mph and hop it in order for it to get up in 2nd gear.now if you use the clutch its a total different story. remember, the faster you go the less forgiving the pavement is. My suggestion, find a big parking lot and get your first gears down first so you get used to the bikes balance and the rear brake incase you have to hit it. around here we have an industrial park that has a nice flat road and no cars after 5pm. if you can find one around you I bet youll find more bikes there practicing and I'm sure they can give you advice.

Triggs 09-19-2007 01:38 AM

I almost lost it earlier. I'm pretty new too and I've mainly been powering it up. The other day on the inerstate I got stuck in heavy traffic so I was practicing clutching it up and I was doing alright at it.. So earlier today my friend and I were riding and he asked to see me pop a wheelie which kinda made me nervous.. So my first attempt I let out on the clutch a bit too slow and it only got an inch or two off the ground so he laughed. I guess it was kinda one of those "i'll show you not to laugh at me" kinda things so I cranked it up a wee bit too high and got almost vertical (which I wasn't expecitng) and when it came slamming down I kinda fell forward and ALMOST lost control. I didn't though. Live and learn, I guess.

hoedogg 09-19-2007 01:47 PM

remember peeps with wheelies comes blown fork seals:)

Dragone#19 09-20-2007 01:37 AM

blown seals and cracked ram air tubes.

rocketrotary 09-20-2007 10:52 AM

And possibly cracked vertabrae

rocketrotary 09-20-2007 10:55 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't do wheelies. They are a lot of fun. Just be careful.