Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Put my dream car in it's place.... behind me

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Default Put my dream car in it's place.... behind me

So if you've kept up with the problems of my bike you'll know that the speedometer on the gauge cluster doesn't work quite right. So yesterday after work I went and I tore it down to see if I could find anything wrong. didn't see anything wrong internally so I put a little dielectric grease on the connection plug and put it all back together and walla! It seemed to be working but I wanted to take it out on the road to put it through it's paces to make sure. So I was out on this country road and I was fartin' around doin like 35-50 back down to 20 just to make sure the spedometer was doing it's thing when I get honked at from behind. I pull off at a farmers driveway to let the car past and this black 350Z goes flying by honking it's horn.... at first I was like "oh my dream car I love you!" then I realized I was on my dream bike and wanted to pit my 2 loves against each other.... So I popped her back into gear and quickly caught up to the Nissan. Guy gave me the finger and I decided to show him why his money was poorly spent and punched it. I heard him drop gears to try to keep pace but I never saw him again accept when I pulled over to turn around. This time I was giving a nice little wave as he drove by like a little b*tch.

SHAZAM!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Put my dream car in it's place.... behind me

Nice story.
My only comment is to "know your speed by your tach." Make a mental note of speeds atspecific tach indications. Once you do (assuming you don't fiddle with your gearing)you'll find speedometers pretty useless; the one in my car has been out for several weeks now, and I really don't look at the one on my bike. About the only useful thing is the odometer, so I know when to refill the gas.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member

dood thats freakin awesome. first off 350z's are pretty sweet cars but the fact the guy had to be yelling in his head after being tooled on by you would have my day.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah i would be mad to if i droped that kinda cash on a 350z and got smoked by a bike with less power and a hell of alot less money, but great job and don't be afraid to open that throttle up when u get challenge to a race bro

Old 10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good times smokin foos[8D]

Old 10-11-2007, 03:14 PM
1st Gear Member

woohoo nice just keep bein safe man

Old 10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Life is all about putting A-holes in their place!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

i would say the guy was more stupid than anything.... a heavy 2 door with about 300 hp vs a 105 hp crotch rocket that can keep up with supercars at most speeds.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 A lot of people don't realize how fast sport bikes really are. You can either spend over $100k on a car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds, or you can spend $8k on a bike that will do it. Personally, I'll take the bike.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:40 PM
1st Gear Member

plus int he hands of most drivers a 350z is only a 14second car vs the bike which in a decent riders hands is a 10 second ride. not even close except maybe in the turns if he was a good driver.

Quick Reply: Put my dream car in it's place.... behind me